Old 05-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Well the two buzzzs are an Elite Z Buzzz at 175g and a Cryztal Z Buzzz at 176g. The Aviars are the same weight. My idea for carrying 2 of each is because I would like to throw from the same spot if I miss the line I was going for.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:45 PM
The Man, the Myth, the Legend

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 213
This should be locked as a quality sticky without debate. Once Garublador has spoken the issue is over!
Old 05-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
I really like this post but I totally clicked it thinking it was building a disc golf bag for carrying discs.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 31
I am curious what you think about baseline plastics for players located where the courses are tougher on discs. North Carolina, where I first learned to play, has a ton of courses that are covered with trees and have lots of rocky ground. Thus, a baseline plastic disc may lose 2 points in high speed stability during a single round. Not so much a problem for putters I realize, but midranges and drivers do suffer. Would you recommend getting a slightly more understable disc in better plastic, like maybe a Star TL? Or maybe Pro or X plastic, since they will be more durable than baseline but can still be beat in?
Old 08-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

I live in a place just as bad and disc aren't going to loser that much stability in one round. Plastic runs vary greatly, but most will generally hold up 2 seasons. Most people have disc in their bags that are well over 10 years old in base line plastic. Most of my bag is comprised of such.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplunk View Post
I am curious what you think about baseline plastics for players located where the courses are tougher on discs. North Carolina, where I first learned to play, has a ton of courses that are covered with trees and have lots of rocky ground. Thus, a baseline plastic disc may lose 2 points in high speed stability during a single round. Not so much a problem for putters I realize, but midranges and drivers do suffer. Would you recommend getting a slightly more understable disc in better plastic, like maybe a Star TL? Or maybe Pro or X plastic, since they will be more durable than baseline but can still be beat in?
Courses with lots of trees shouldn't beat up discs too fast. If you're hitting trees that are close enough to the tee pad to damage your discs that bad it doesn't matter what you throw, something is seriously wrong.

I still stick by my suggestions. If you read the driver suggestions you'll see that one of them is actually pro type plastic. They may beat up faster than normal, but that's probably a good thing. I'd recommend starting with a more overstable disc in low end plastic (e.g. Gazelle instead of a Cheetah) rather than going more understable in higher end plastic. You'll get the extra longevity, you'll save money and you'll get all of the advantages of throwing the most reliable, easy to control plastic.

I know what hitting rocks, asphalt, fences, metal electrical boxes and trees do to low end plastic discs. I've hit all that stuff many times. It doesn't ruin your discs after a couple of hits unless you puncture the flight plate, which I've only done once. I believe the benefits you'll see from throwing the more controllable discs in lower end plastics outweigh the "downside" (some might call it an advantage at early stages of development) of your discs beating in faster.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 8
Eagles and Gazelles?

First, thanks so much for this great resource.

Unfortunately I didn't find it till I bought a bunch of the fancy stuff, worst being a Vulcan I'm sure I'll never use. It works great for a friend though.

My question is, is it counterproductive to learn the Eagle and Gazelle together? The Gazelles are beat enough to turn over for me.

Play a lot on a park object course with friends, lots of trees, brush and most holes 350+, with a couple 600 and 500 footers. Hilly too! A real secret gem here in North San Diego County.

Throwing putters 175, mids 220, drivers 260+ on a football field. Those are numbers nobody would lie about.

59 yr old carpenter.
Grip strength, check. Tired elbow, check. Desire to get better, check.

Magnet, Roc, Gazelle, Eagle, Banshee
Old 01-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 12
putter molds

Is it completely wrong to carry 2 molds of putters? I find that for 30' and in I like the beaded wizard. However from 30' on up to around 200' I like to throw an Aviar. Big problem here?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Strat View Post
Is it completely wrong to carry 2 molds of putters? I find that for 30' and in I like the beaded wizard. However from 30' on up to around 200' I like to throw an Aviar. Big problem here?
No. Many people throw two different molds for putting and driving, and it's totally fine.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:00 PM

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question.

Does the Aero fit into the prescribed category of 1st putter? Second, is the newer SS line from Discraft productive or counter-productive for the beginner?