Old 05-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Dan Beato and Driving

I played a round today at my college's 9 hole course and was so frustrated with my drives always going super high and dying off, I finally watch the Dan Beato video on driving. After watching it, I went out and played another round and scored 5 less than my previous round, taking me to overall score of -1. I know that some of that was some good shots, but a lot of it was because of that video, and my new pegasus. That think is amazing.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
yeah he has some really helpful pointers. the key is to go into a field and practice throwing though.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 99
Keeping that nose down is tricky indeed.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 10
Just watched the youtube vid, Wow. He puts a whole lotta Zing without much effort. I will go and throw tommorrow see how that pec toss works out. I really hope I can get over 300 soon! I wish over driving was my biggest problem.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 93
The Beato Video is great. Just wait until you start throwing all your discs into the ground and you need to figure out how to get your disc up. I ran into the problem but after more and more practice with Beato things are starting to get good.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:20 AM
Eagle Member

I played in a very mini tournament today that my college athletic department put on (only 7 people), but I almost aced a couple holes since watching the video and I sure the video has helped (along with the new discs I got, two Rocs and a Pegasus).
Old 05-15-2009, 06:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnaman View Post
I played in a very mini tournament today that my college athletic department put on (only 7 people), but I almost aced a couple holes since watching the video and I sure the video has helped (along with the new discs I got, two Rocs and a Pegasus).
its all about the discs...lean back, lean back and throw your roc away...
Old 05-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 104
I've watched the Dan Beato video and I think he has good form and gives good pointers. It is also a very well put together video. My form is slightly different and I think there are other variations of form out there that differ from his that work well. There is not one perfect way to drive.
I think that my form is more similar to Climo's form. I've watched the "Fundamentals' DVD that he and Feldberg put out and watching his form in slow motion, I think that my form resembles his a lot. I use the same grip he uses too, so maybe that has something to do with it.
To me, it is a lot like a batting stance in baseball...there are a lot of ways to set up your form, but the actual "hit" seems to be the thing that all good drives have in common.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 50
After all the talk about the Beato video, I went back and rewatched it again. Definitely some good things to think about and try. If it will get me some extra distance, it's worth a shot. I certainly don't have the snap of the forearm like he does, he is pretty quick from that point. Maybe with some practice...?

Old 05-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.2
The Dan Beato video was very helpful to me, but if I try to do everything exactly like he says, the Itis Brothers give me trouble. That would be Arth and Tendo, plus their cousin, whom I haven't met yet - Burs.
Getting old is not for the faint of heart. No right ACL and torn soft tissue in the lower left back doesn't help either. The emphasis on really good spin has added 30' to my throw, however.