Old 05-18-2009, 11:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobsonr View Post
I like to use my 171 Star Valkyrie for long anny shots. I also just bought a 167 Star Roadrunner that seems to work pretty well, but I need to work with it more to see what all I can do with it. Seems like there isn't much love for the Valkyrie going on here - most of you guys really seem to like the Sidewinder. What is it similar to? It sounds like it may be one I should try.
Most of the time, my Valks end up fading back to the left for me at the end so they don't end up as far to the right as they might need to go. In my experience, before my 150g Champion Sidewinder met its' doom, RIP, it acted a lot like my 150g Champion Valkyries, with a more extreme right hand turn and less fade back at the end, though.

I made, what I believe to be, my longest throw ever with the Sidewinder before I lost it. The pin was about 15' downhill, and about 350' long. I didn't even expect to make it to the pin. But with a strong tail-wind, the wind caught my tee shot, and I mean really caught it, and took it way right, before it faded back at the end, and ended up about 125' past the pin for a 475' drive. I've never seen anything like it since. Unfortunately, the 125' come-backer into the wind was no fun at all.

Last edited by Jimb; 05-18-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 22
Do many of you guys throw 150 class drivers? My lightest driver is a 166 orc - or was (lost it today - RIP). My go-to drivers are wraiths and valks in the 170 range and I seem to be doing pretty well with them, but I've never tried a 150 driver. Is there a noticeable increase in distance? Or is it just a comfort thing? Seems like it'd get hung up in the wind pretty bad.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:51 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 750
I only have one driver that's 150 class (one of my Tee-birds), and I don't see a huge distance difference for me between this and my 171 Tee-bird. It does, however, do really well in tailwinds and when I'm playing at high altitudes (mountain courses), so it's more of a situational disc for me.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 32
A worn in wolf if you can find one works well for righties. I can get some meaty hyzer flips out of this one. More like Anni-flex shots.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:00 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 25
Send a message via AIM to fretgod321
just throw a right-handed sidearm and use an overstable disc

Old 05-29-2009, 04:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 50
Long Range: Champion Roadrunner. When you get your technique down for the anhyzer shot, you can throw this disc flat and it will make a nice, smooth turn to the right. For a mid-range distance, the DX Stingray is fantastic.

Both of these discs work great for a hyzer-flip shot as well, if you don't throw this shot, it's a good one to learn also.