Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brall View Post
danhyzer
roadtripstuff
smoothsailor

for commitee!

as for me, whenever there is an ohio meet, i will seriously try to make it (keeping in mind that i'm a family guy without much free time). and it wont matter if it's a bunch of casual play covering a few courses or a tournament set up, i'll still try to come.

so whatever the majority wants... i'm a cow, i'll follow the herd, and i look forward to much fun
I'll be on the committee. Sure. I want everyone to bring a friend too. I feel like even though its a dgcr meet up for us, we should promote it and get as language people to come as possible, members or not.

Will anyone be mad if I ask the mode to switch polls on may 10?

Also, no matter where this is held I think the committee should get together with the local club(s) about playing and camping/hotel arrangements.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Yahoo to roadtripstuff
If it ends up being number 1, I know there is camping, not far from the course, at Delaware State Park/Gordon Holton. Individual campsites are $28, but there are also group sites available that would end up being around $5.00 per person if there are at least 20 people, $1 or so more if there are less.

As for the local club, there are two for the courses in #1. Mood, for Gordon Holton and Columbus Flyers for Hoover/Brent Hambrick. The guys at Mood are all pretty cool, but some of the Flyers can be a little iffy, so I don't really want to deal with them, but that's up to you. I don't know that either can get us any kind of deal on lodging.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:43 AM
* Ace Member *

oh and the 10th sounds fine, maybe even a little earlier. Honestly we have plenty of time so just do it whenever you'd like.

I also say friends welcome, bring along whoever.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvogie View Post
FWIW, if we do a 2 day, I vote #5 on the 2nd day, assuming #1 wins. If #2 ends up winning, maybe Roscoe +2 more, that course kicked my a$$ last time I was there, I need revenge.
from how I understand how this is going to work, we will be splitting up the 3 courses between the two days. If I'm wrong someone let me know.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvogie View Post
FWIW, if we do a 2 day, I vote #5 on the 2nd day, assuming #1 wins. If #2 ends up winning, maybe Roscoe +2 more, that course kicked my a$$ last time I was there, I need revenge.
Roscoe is one of those courses that could use some more exposure IMO but its just not a very central location. But if someone got real ambitious and started early, you probably could hit Roscoe, then go to Wooster for that course, then Lincoln Park, on over to Arboretum then down to Deis; but I hate to see what you would feel like climbing that last huge hill at Deis. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothSailor View Post
Everyone should subscribe to this thread to keep updated. So far it looks like were going to cbus.
Good idea.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Roscoe is one of those courses that could use some more exposure IMO but its just not a very central location. But if someone got real ambitious and started early, you probably could hit Roscoe, then go to Wooster for that course, then Lincoln Park, on over to Arboretum then down to Deis; but I hate to see what you would feel like climbing that last huge hill at Deis. lol

Good idea.
agreed about Roscoe, I think Lincoln and Roscoe in one day would be better than Spike and Lincoln, but that's just bringing it more North.
There's no reason Roscoe shouldn't be rated 4+ imo. So I'll try to gain it more exposure by posting about it in an Ohio thread
Old 04-27-2011, 05:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Hey snowren you gonna make the meet? itd be great to play a round agaon with you.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 18
as long as the date doesn't clash with anything, I'll be there

I'll probably see you around a couple times this summer/fall regardless though I'm sure.

Quote:
Hey snowren you gonna make the meet? itd be great to play a round agaon with you.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:03 PM

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 9
I'm down for this, I skimmed the 11 pages previous to this... I agree with doing central Ohio first, making it as close as possible to everyone the first time, then making rounds to all the other metropolitan areas...

As for dates, I know June 4th that someone said will be out for me, as that's the BHMO weekend... beginning of September will be good for me, the end not so much as my wedding is on Oct.1st, so ill be super busy leading up to that...

I know at a later one I'd like to incorporate the Great Blue Heron course in Norwalk Ohio, its an amazing course that is largely overlooked, and also gets so.little traffic that it'll be available all the.time...

But that's for.later...

Old 04-27-2011, 09:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
from how I understand how this is going to work, we will be splitting up the 3 courses between the two days. If I'm wrong someone let me know.
I don't think we really got in-depth as to how we are going to play them, but a couple did say they would only be able to make it one day. I think what some people were thinking is try to get all three of the main ones done the first day (Saturday), time permitting, then whoever is staying for the second day (Sunday) could head to the other courses.

Of course that could all change once we get things narrowed down, maybe some of those folks will be able to make both days and we could go from there.