Old 05-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 440
Throwing Style: LHFH
Deleware is done

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWill View Post
Congrats, I guess it doesn't hurt that you are some what centrally located in VA. What course in MD are you missing? I think you should try Delaware next. It's relatively small and you can pay for one State Park pass and hit multiple courses to save some money. And it's not too far of a drive.
I've actually moved to the vienna/reston area in NOVA, but keep Chester as I'm down alot to take care of White Bank. The one course left in MD is wisp and I'm planning to hit that and pawpaw for my b-day the last weekend in june. As for Deleware I've been to ever course played 10 of 11 but Camp Arrowhead is a camp for kids and when I asked to play they told me it's only for campers. I could have tried to sneak in or something i'm sure but didn't think that was wise. So like a good moral record keeper I couldn't mark it played as I didn't get to play it while there. I have a course in FL same deal showed up to play and a event had the course closed for the weekend. But North Deleware has some great courses and they are only miles a part so anyone looking for a great day of golf check that area out.

Last edited by gottafixit; 05-17-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 182
Throwing Style: RHBH
i've completed maine, new hampshire, vermont, and mass. trees, trees, trees.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 64
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy
I have played all the courses in Guam.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Eagle Member

So Tim how bout it, little states for a 100% played state. We've got at least three people that would have them.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 315
Congrats on the accomplishment.

I hope folks here meant the idea in jest, but in all seriousness, there's no need for a 100% played icon. Those of us in large states or states with tons of courses wouldn't have much chance at reaching it, whereas people in small ones could accomplish this in a week. I've probably played more courses in my state than some states have courses.

Besides, as soon as a new course opens somewhere in a conquered territory, you're not 100% played there anymore.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:14 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 191
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
Congrats on the accomplishment.

I hope folks here meant the idea in jest, but in all seriousness, there's no need for a 100% played icon. Those of us in large states or states with tons of courses wouldn't have much chance at reaching it, whereas people in small ones could accomplish this in a week. I've probably played more courses in my state than some states have courses.

Besides, as soon as a new course opens somewhere in a conquered territory, you're not 100% played there anymore.
Eventrually we will need stats for stats. It will be like baseball.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 152
Send a message via MSN to srm_520 Send a message via Yahoo to srm_520
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnaman View Post
I agree, that definitely deserves a gold star or something. Maybe an icon of the state played?
That's it - I'm moving to Rhode Island!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIZZLE TOSSLER View Post
congrats gottafixit. The icon of the state completed is a great idea. I think u should try texas next... I would venture to guess that not many, if anyone, has ever played all the tx courses (TX's icon better be bigger than the smaller states)......
Well of course the star would be bigger - have to satisfy our egos. Plus, if you managed to get in all 196 courses and counting you would deserve it!

Can the star play "Deep in the heart of Texas" if you click on it too? I mean, since we're asking and all... Or instead of a star have it be that shape of the state! Sorry Wyoming and Colorado - sucks to be you.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by srm_520 View Post
Well of course the star would be bigger - have to satisfy our egos. Plus, if you managed to get in all 196 courses and counting you would deserve it!

Can the star play "Deep in the heart of Texas" if you click on it too? I mean, since we're asking and all... Or instead of a star have it be that shape of the state! Sorry Wyoming and Colorado - sucks to be you.
Thanks for the great laugh... i was waiting for someone from tx to respond..... wouldn't tx have to be the hardest state to accomplish this feat? Its soooo big and we do have lots of courses...... lots of new courses goin' in too.... Has anyone played all the TX courses? If not, who has played the most?
Old 05-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIZZLE TOSSLER View Post
congrats gottafixit. The icon of the state completed is a great idea. I think u should try texas next... I would venture to guess that not many, if anyone, has ever played all the tx courses (TX's icon better be bigger than the smaller states)......

Texas will take a while to play. As the saying goes, "It's a bigass state." LOL

Woodpecker

Old 05-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
I hope folks here meant the idea in jest, but in all seriousness, there's no need for a 100% played icon.

It is in part jest as I don't think tim will go for it, but i do think it would be cool to have more little icons, like trophy ball in tiger woods, the played every course in a state, the played one course in every state, the played on every continent, the 50, 100, 200, The Ace, 5, 10, 20(makes people use the scorebook). I'm sure other could come up with more fun milestones. There is alot of space to the right of are names so there could be a bunch, just something else to make this site more fun. And once the icon disappears you have to keep up with it to get it back. The trusted reviewer icon i'm sure made people write better reviews, other icons could set a bunch of other goals for people.

Last edited by gottafixit; 05-17-2009 at 10:44 PM.