Old 04-19-2011, 09:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 27.6
Courses Played: 212
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via ICQ to Donovan Send a message via AIM to Donovan Send a message via MSN to Donovan Send a message via Yahoo to Donovan Send a message via Skype™ to Donovan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmahan View Post
The Woodshed at Paw Paw is a series of aptly named holes.
Are these just named holes are is the whole course working under one theme here?
Old 04-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 1
my mom loved the course she played the masters
Old 04-19-2011, 09:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Send a message via ICQ to Donovan Send a message via AIM to Donovan Send a message via MSN to Donovan Send a message via Yahoo to Donovan Send a message via Skype™ to Donovan
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon.trenton View Post
this is something i want to do when i buy enough land to make a course except have it after greek gods
This is kind of what I was getting at. After visiting Shawshank, it got me to thinking the same thing. We have some land in Arkansas, and I think it could be used like this. The trick will be to come up with the right theme and the right equipment to make it happen. What he did at Shawshank is a huge labor of love. He did not just cut stuff out, he added to it as well. I guess all the good designers do this too. It just had a cool feeling of like being at a Theme park for DG.

*I wish I had known they did not have good photos on the site here. When I go back at the end of May, I will fix that.*
Old 04-19-2011, 09:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfwdscglfr View Post
my mom loved the course she played the masters
I heard 3 guys from Illinois showed up in full prison gear clothes. It sounded like a great time. Maybe you could ask her to write something about her experience for us and post it?
Old 04-19-2011, 09:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
This is kind of what I was getting at. After visiting Shawshank, it got me to thinking the same thing. We have some land in Arkansas, and I think it could be used like this. The trick will be to come up with the right theme and the right equipment to make it happen. What he did at Shawshank is a huge labor of love. He did not just cut stuff out, he added to it as well. I guess all the good designers do this too. It just had a cool feeling of like being at a Theme park for DG.

*I wish I had known they did not have good photos on the site here. When I go back at the end of May, I will fix that.*
thank you sir, i have been loking for someone to do this for some time. i want to see all the cool holes
Old 04-19-2011, 10:03 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.6
Courses Played: 587
The holes on the main Highbridge courses all have names with a theme for each course. Blueberry Hill has a 50s-60s Rock-n-Roll theme with holes like Snake, Battle 'n' Roll and Chuck Barely. Granite Ridge is harder rock from the 70s-80s with Free Bird and Pump It Up. Highbridge Gold has holes with a gold or yellow connection in the names like Golden Turnover and Treasure Island. Woodland Greens has a nature theme with Leaf It To Be There and Knoll Hazard. The Bear has Fur Fur Away and Grin & Bear It.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 89
Shawshank is one of my favorite courses. When I'm back in Houston I play it every other month or so. A lot of fun with a lot of imaginative lines
Old 04-19-2011, 04:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 126
Dont they have a non sanctioned event every year around this time?
Old 04-19-2011, 08:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
The holes on the main Highbridge courses all have names with a theme for each course. Blueberry Hill has a 50s-60s Rock-n-Roll theme with holes like Snake, Battle 'n' Roll and Chuck Barely. Granite Ridge is harder rock from the 70s-80s with Free Bird and Pump It Up. Highbridge Gold has holes with a gold or yellow connection in the names like Golden Turnover and Treasure Island. Woodland Greens has a nature theme with Leaf It To Be There and Knoll Hazard. The Bear has Fur Fur Away and Grin & Bear It.
Thanks bro. I just knew there had to be others!

Old 04-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
What is the over all theme? Shawshank is a prison themed course. Is this course based on battles or famous war tactics or anything like that?

I've been to other courses where each hole has a special name.
No overall theme... just nicknames for the Holes.
DSCJNKY