Old 09-21-2016, 09:20 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13
Default Disc Golf Down Under

Hey everyone...

There is a new site to showcase just Australian DG courses, so I thought I would share it first...

http://flyspot.com.au/

But now that I have your attention, I want to find out a few things and get some chatter going about us over here, down under in Aus.

What do you know about Australian DG?
Would you consider traveling to Australia?
Would Disc Golf be a major part of a trip or just nice to catch a few courses IF you happen to be near one?
Is the Aussie Open appealing enough to pull you over here?
What regions of Australia do you think have the most courses (without going to flyspot)?
Do you know any Aussie players?

Been chatting to a Finnish guy who has just landed in Sydney...he was shocked to find only one course in the whole city, a few are just north of it about 90 minutes drive. Im hoping through a website like flyspot, updating the listings on DGCR and a great presence on here we can lift the profile and make Australia a great place to visit to either play DG, or squeeze in a few rounds as part of a trip.

Discuss away, any input is welcome.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2016, 09:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH

What do you know about Australian DG? Not much beyond the Aussie Open and DUDE clothing
Would you consider traveling to Australia? I would if I had a lot of disposable income.
Would Disc Golf be a major part of a trip or just nice to catch a few courses IF you happen to be near one? DG would be last priority.
Is the Aussie Open appealing enough to pull you over here? No
What regions of Australia do you think have the most courses (without going to flyspot)? I have no idea
Do you know any Aussie players? DUDE clothing guy
Old 09-21-2016, 09:51 AM
Eagle Member

thanks for responding, DUDE Clothing guy, haha love it. Thats Chris Finn, he is also a major part of DGP Australia and Innova Australia.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 28

What do you know about Australian DG? - Not much besides Australian open.

Would you consider traveling to Australia? - maybe. Prolly not, seems like a lot of animals that can kill you.

Would Disc Golf be a major part of a trip or just nice to catch a few courses IF you happen to be near one? - if I was there it would try to play every course nearby and make plans on what to do around where they are.

Is the Aussie Open appealing enough to pull you over here? - sure. When the kids grow up. So about 16 years for the youngest.

What regions of Australia do you think have the most courses (without going to flyspot)? -I think Australia's regions are the bush and not the bush. I'd say the bush has the most courses.

Do you know any Aussie players? Chris Finn, DUDE.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:04 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 44.7
Courses Played: 52

What do you know about Australian DG? It is organized and disc equipment companies involved supporting with their pros hitting tourneys and doing clinics.
Would you consider traveling to Australia? Maybe If I get the travel bug again. I would pair with the return trip to Philippines or Thailand.. Maybe Japan if on a big budget. I am a solo traveler for the most part.
Would Disc Golf be a major part of a trip or just nice to catch a few courses IF you happen to be near one? It would be a factor in planning and would go a bit out of the way.
Is the Aussie Open appealing enough to pull you over here? No Is my initial answer, but I could see talking myself into playing am master under right conditions
What regions of Australia do you think have the most courses (without going to flyspot)? South east and south west coastal / population areas?
Do you know any Aussie players? Nope

Jay and Dez Reading have spoken well of Australia and I have dinnered and partied enough with them to know that is high praise and not lip service.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 124

What do you know about Australian DG?

Granite Mountain

Would you consider traveling to Australia?

On my dream list....but doubtful I'll ever have the time and money, at the same time. I'd have to have a few weeks, at least.

Would Disc Golf be a major part of a trip or just nice to catch a few courses IF you happen to be near one?

A side attraction (other than, of course, Granite Mountain)

Is the Aussie Open appealing enough to pull you over here?

No, but neither are most big events here in the U.S.

What regions of Australia do you think have the most courses (without going to flyspot)?

I'd guess the east coast, which of course constitutes a huge area.....though in the back of my mind, Perth always seemed like a disc golf sort of place. No idea why

Do you know any Aussie players?

Only on Facebook
Old 09-21-2016, 11:24 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 60

What do you know about Australian DG? - Didn't they have a tournament there? Must have at least one course then.
Would you consider traveling to Australia? - Yes
Would Disc Golf be a major part of a trip or just nice to catch a few courses IF you happen to be near one? - Nice to catch if convenient.
Is the Aussie Open appealing enough to pull you over here? - Absolutely not.
What regions of Australia do you think have the most courses (without going to flyspot)? - No idea.
Do you know any Aussie players? - No. I don't even know of any Aussie players.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 54

What do you know about Australian DG? I know there's a course that needs a bathroom.
Would you consider traveling to Australia? Yes
Would Disc Golf be a major part of a trip or just nice to catch a few courses IF you happen to be near one? Not a major part, but certainly not minor.
Is the Aussie Open appealing enough to pull you over here? no
What regions of Australia do you think have the most courses (without going to flyspot)? New South Wales, they have the most breweries.
Do you know any Aussie players? no
Old 09-21-2016, 03:39 PM
Birdie Member

I would love to play some DG down under. I'm getting close to retirement...that could possibly be enough impetus to hit up the Australian Open. Tasmania is also on my hot list for winter(here) vacations. Mainly, I just want to see the whirlpool in the toilet swirl in the other direction.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:45 PM
Eagle Member

Thanks for all the responses