Old 02-08-2015, 10:08 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
TeeBoxx: Good? Bad? Or?????

When the idea came out of a vending machine spitting out discs, I thought way cool. But the more I do think, there are definitely some downside to it.

I like to throw max weight with every disc I throw, except my understable Roadrunner used for longer turnover shots and rollers. So the problems that I can foresee would be color, weight or both. Maybe plastic if all the same model are put I designated spot.

What do you guys/gals think???
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2015, 10:10 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 104
have yet to ever see one in the wild so have no idea. concept is fine for rec courses but not players who care about disc specifics like us nerds often can on this site.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
have yet to ever see one in the wild so have no idea. concept is fine for rec courses but not players who care about disc specifics like us nerds often can on this site.
I totally agree Aim. I'm thinking the idea was to appease those courses or courses where a pro shop was not site or nearby. The other thought was to provide, in pinch, a disc for someone whose disc for lost or took a dive in the water.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:16 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 5
There is a teeboxx by me in a very busy course. With a well known pro shop 1 mile away it still manages to sell out every 2 weeks. Here is why the teeboxx has better prices and better disc. I will start taking pictures of some of the disc that are always up front in this modern marvel. Prices are good with mvp topping the price list at 19 dollars. Eventhough i contacted teeboxx with no reply, i still think they are a good company.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:13 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
Lol...I thought the OP was talking purely hypothetical...so they actually exist? With the spirals and the letter/number combinations? That sounds awesome. Especially if row D is all prodigy drivers.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:38 AM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 94
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER
Disc Golf Vending Machine
Old 02-09-2015, 08:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 120
Throwing Style: LHBH
There is no way that a TeeBoxx could be considered a bad thing. If you're a discerning disc golfer with very specific tastes in disc (brand, weight, color), it's not for you and never will be for you. That doesn't make it bad.

It's the equivalent of a coffee machine in the office break room. If you want a convenient and easy cup of coffee, it's there. But if you must have a vanilla cappuccino latte venti grande espresso skinny mocha coffee, you have to go to DunkStarDonutBucks down the street.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 19
I said it in the other thread, and I'll say it here: I'd love to see these at courses I play. Better a TeeBoxx than nothing at all, which is what every course I've played has. Now in fairness, there is a brick and mortar store in my home town, and most courses I travel too have a shop with some sort of selection nearby if you can find a local to ask, but who can beat the convenience of being able to pick up a disc right at the first tee (or wherever the machine is located).

Not all innovations are good, but all innovation is good, if that makes any sense. The fact that a group of seemingly intelligent people see money to be made in disc golf should make the "grow the game" crowd very happy.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
There is no way that a TeeBoxx could be considered a bad thing. If you're a discerning disc golfer with very specific tastes in disc (brand, weight, color), it's not for you and never will be for you. That doesn't make it bad.

It's the equivalent of a coffee machine in the office break room. If you want a convenient and easy cup of coffee, it's there. But if you must have a vanilla cappuccino latte venti grande espresso skinny mocha coffee, you have to go to DunkStarDonutBucks down the street.
Yep, this.

I'd likely never use it, but i could see a few courses where it would be both a good thing and a moneymaker.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:42 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 76
My only concern with these is if they were to harm small local retailers. I'm not saying it automatically would, just that I'd hate to see the little guy harmed by these. We have a great seller here in New Orleans that I know makes a good chunk of their change selling to chuckers who would at least partly shell out to a TeeBoxx indiscriminately were one available. That'd be unfortunate, in my view.

Just a devil's advocate thought.