Old 06-24-2014, 04:07 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
No change. Tourney from last month isnt on this update for some reason. Tourney over the weekend went about as bad as it could. Never again will I do a blind tourney (4 courses, 4 rounds). My average rating was about 40 pts below my rating for the tourney. Needless to say, the next update will be....interesting.....
Old 06-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 60
Quick question, my tournament on May 27th didnt make it into my update this time. Should have been as it was before June so I dug a little deeper and it still shows the white/silver "unofficial" trophy icon on the "Events" page. Seeing as the results were entered like 2 days after the tourney I can only imagine/assume there is some issue with payment from the TD? Is there any other reason for tourney results to be unofficial for this long? Thanks!

On topic.... nothing to update without that result so stayed the same.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by notroman View Post
Looks like this update did drop two rounds (uses 31 rounds instead of 33), but you still have two "bad" rounds from June of last year. Your last rated round is May of this year, and the rating calculation takes rounds from 12 months prior to your last rated round. Your rounds from early June of last year won't drop until you get some fresh rounds on the books.
Yeah it looks like the two events I played in late May didn't get included for some reason.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 119
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Primitive View Post
Quick question, my tournament on May 27th didnt make it into my update this time. Should have been as it was before June so I dug a little deeper and it still shows the white/silver "unofficial" trophy icon on the "Events" page. Seeing as the results were entered like 2 days after the tourney I can only imagine/assume there is some issue with payment from the TD? Is there any other reason for tourney results to be unofficial for this long? Thanks!

On topic.... nothing to update without that result so stayed the same.
Here's the process for the TD...

1) Upload unofficial results directly to the event page.

2) Complete and email the official tournament report (an Excel spreadsheet file) to the PDGA.

3) Make payment of fees owed (paypal or check).

Step 1 is what you are seeing right now, and those results are irrelevant as far as ratings deadlines go. Those results aren't used by the PDGA (they're for our convenience, not theirs) and are actually discarded/overwritten when the official report is submitted and processed.

When the report is processed, the event will appear in your player profile page with your points (note points are different than ratings) tabulated. If the event hasn't appeared there yet, then the official report didn't make the deadline for this update. So it will continue to show as unofficial until the report is processed and the ratings are updated again.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Here's the process for the TD...

1) Upload unofficial results directly to the event page.

2) Complete and email the official tournament report (an Excel spreadsheet file) to the PDGA.

3) Make payment of fees owed (paypal or check).

Step 1 is what you are seeing right now, and those results are irrelevant as far as ratings deadlines go. Those results aren't used by the PDGA (they're for our convenience, not theirs) and are actually discarded/overwritten when the official report is submitted and processed.

When the report is processed, the event will appear in your player profile page with your points (note points are different than ratings) tabulated. If the event hasn't appeared there yet, then the official report didn't make the deadline for this update. So it will continue to show as unofficial until the report is processed and the ratings are updated again.
Well that hasn't happened for the last tourney I was in a few weeks ago. Too bad because I was looking forward to having an improvement. Looks like step 1 is complete but either 2 and/or 3 are not done.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:45 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 44
Up 1 to 888
Old 06-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Well that hasn't happened for the last tourney I was in a few weeks ago. Too bad because I was looking forward to having an improvement. Looks like step 1 is complete but either 2 and/or 3 are not done.
If you know you have improved your game then a number is arbitrary.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 13
Despite some new bad rounds, I went up 7, because I had a couple really bad rounds drop off.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 84
I went up 1 pt to 854. next month doesn't look good.

Old 06-25-2014, 01:00 AM

Got my number last week. First rating is 952 based off my tournament from an A tier 3 weeks ago. Should go up to 980ish with my 1st A tier win this past weekend at the Battle of Seattle 3.