Old 04-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Birdie Member

Champ Eagle vs. Champ Teebird?

I am thinking about picking up a slightly slower fairway driver to add to my bag -- I like what I've heard about both the Eagle and Teebird....can you guys tell me what the difference is between these two? The numbers are almost the same -- it looks like the Teebird might be slightly more stable. Any preferences between the two?

Thanks,
Garret
Old 04-19-2011, 05:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 81
The TeeBird is very straight through it's entire flight because it has more HSS but less LSS. The Eagle has much more left to right and then back to left movement through it's flight because it has less HSS but more LSS. For this reason the Eagle is more workable. I prefer the Teebird because I like the extra HSS.

Last edited by sidewinding; 04-19-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
traded my champ teebird and bought a champ eagle and like it much better... ^^^ is right but the eagle's flight pattern fits my throwing style better
Old 04-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret H View Post
I am thinking about picking up a slightly slower fairway driver to add to my bag -- I like what I've heard about both the Eagle and Teebird....can you guys tell me what the difference is between these two? The numbers are almost the same -- it looks like the Teebird might be slightly more stable. Any preferences between the two?

Thanks,
Garret
The Teebird is supposed to be straighter per Innova. Less high speed turn and less low speed fade. The Eagle was made first but the teebird is more popular. I suspect there's a reason for that. I have both a star teebird and a star eagle. The eagle seems less stable to me at both high and low speeds, perhaps closer to a TL.

You might also consider a gazelle or cheetah if you're looking for something between your drivers and mids.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChump View Post
The Teebird is supposed to be straighter per Innova. Less high speed turn and less low speed fade. The Eagle was made first but the teebird is more popular. I suspect there's a reason for that. I have both a star teebird and a star eagle. The eagle seems less stable to me at both high and low speeds, perhaps closer to a TL.

You might also consider a gazelle or cheetah if you're looking for something between your drivers and mids.
def true for me, but as a new player I had difficulty keeping it straight, kind of wish i had held onto it a few months longer
Old 04-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 38
I carry both. I like the Eagle for dog leg left holes, because it hyzers out more than the Teebird. The Teebird get used on tight fairways with little wiggle room. It's just a nice straight flier with very little fade at the end. I aslo find the Eagle handles the wind a bit better. There is also the Eagle X and that even more stable. I've benn thinking of swithching to it myself. We'll see, I'll be trying it out Wed. So we'll see just how much more stable it is.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 315
There's also the distinction between the Eagle-X and Eagle-L.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=28949

God knows that I've had some Champ Eagle-L's that were flippier than any Teebird variant.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks, Dad

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 80
Eagle- X in Champ I have two in my bag, one is worn in a bit more, and I love them both.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.2
I prefer The DX/opaque 12x Champ/Star Eagle X.
But a good Champ Teebird is hard to resist.
Depending on the courses you play, your average distance, and your preferences... you might justify carrying both. If my home course were longer or more open then I'd carry both.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Birdie Member

Cool! Thanks, guys. I am really looking for something that will fly as straight as possible for certain shots where I need accuracy. Most of my drivers are understable and I prefer that -- many of them have a slight right turn at high speed, so I wanted something that would not do this. I am guessing the teebird would be better for this?

Thanks,
Garret