Old 05-23-2011, 09:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
bud - I'm getting tired of this and I really don't care to be reposting the same thing over and over. I feel sorry that I have to break this down for you so this will be the last time.

- the operative word in "1." was blindly, i.e. without reading the OP. People post the video as a roundabout, lazy, and post-whoring answer instead of taking the time to answer the question posed or even explain why (or why not) the video posted is good for them. For example they could say "pay attention to :30-:45 because I think he answers your question well".

- I never said Beto was wrong. You continually try to drag my name through the mud and attack a stance that I never took. I just said there are things that he fails to account for. Again, just like my last post - I am simply critiquing a line of thinking. You are attacking me for freely thinking for myself instead of accepting and going with the flow? Good grief man, get a hobby, hell actually go out and play disc golf once in a while. I literally said in my last post (which i assume you just don't read except for 3-4 words to quote and take out of context) he makes good points.

Ever wonder why you're the only person who constantly starts crap with me? Others may disagree, sure, but we state our opinions and let the chips fall where they may. Your crusade of trollitude is over because I no longer care to participate. It's my fault for letting it go this long by continually responding, so I'm done with it. You want to continually attack me to win people to your corner, fine, I don't care. I'll state my opinions and everyone who reads them is free to disagree or agree as they see fit.

Sidewinder, if you've got anything else to say, come find me on the course and let your game talk. Otherwise, have a nice life.
Yeah ok Chief! You are awfully sensitive about any criticism of your opinions, and you berate anyone you don't agree with or that disagrees with you. You constantly say that myself and other DGCR members lack reading comprehension skills, but it is you that lacks in this department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03
Practicing to his video did not help me. Swing and a miss - sorry bud. I'm living proof that it's far from the "easiest".
Your arguments often don't even make logical sense and can be downright silly at times. It's like you saying that condoms don't work because they are only 99% effective. Everybody throw out their condoms! Common' man!

I'd enjoy showing you up on the course, but it sure ain't worth the gas there. Another JTacom03 logic error...disc golf is my hobby and I don't know why you think I don't play enough, if anything I don't rest enough since I'm constantly injured from playing too much. Hell...I played a round and a half of a USDGC qualifier on one leg. Hit me up if you make it to MD and we can throw down with plastic.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2011, 10:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
bud - I'm getting tired of this and I really don't care to be reposting the same thing over and over. I feel sorry that I have to break this down for you so this will be the last time.

- the operative word in "1." was blindly, i.e. without reading the OP. People post the video as a roundabout, lazy, and post-whoring answer instead of taking the time to answer the question posed or even explain why (or why not) the video posted is good for them. For example they could say "pay attention to :30-:45 because I think he answers your question well".

- I never said Beto was wrong. You continually try to drag my name through the mud and attack a stance that I never took. I just said there are things that he fails to account for. Again, just like my last post - I am simply critiquing a line of thinking. You are attacking me for freely thinking for myself instead of accepting and going with the flow? Good grief man, get a hobby, hell actually go out and play disc golf once in a while. I literally said in my last post (which i assume you just don't read except for 3-4 words to quote and take out of context) he makes good points.

Ever wonder why you're the only person who constantly starts crap with me? Others may disagree, sure, but we state our opinions and let the chips fall where they may. Your crusade of trollitude is over because I no longer care to participate. It's my fault for letting it go this long by continually responding, so I'm done with it. You want to continually attack me to win people to your corner, fine, I don't care. I'll state my opinions and everyone who reads them is free to disagree or agree as they see fit.

Sidewinder, if you've got anything else to say, come find me on the course and let your game talk. Otherwise, have a nice life.
let me fix some bad advice here:

(here is where I post my opinions as fact, plus some ad ad hominem attacks to prove I am right)
Old 05-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Your crusade of trollitude
Charlie Sheen, is that you?
Old 05-24-2011, 02:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.6
Hey now, it's a matter of preference. I got more from seeing Climo throw one time than the entire vid of the other guy but I suspect that his vid is geared toward newer players that aren't already tuned to their best personal technique. Not all people will throw the best they can the same way.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 102
Honestly, the Beto vid is hard to emulate unless you've done the hammer pound drills and know what the hit feels like. It feels goofy otherwise. (speaking from exp).
Old 05-24-2011, 02:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.6
I was going to say that I took ten years off playing and I hurt my back by letting my arm follow through without rotating on my lead leg. Be careful about silly things like that. Just start out slow.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:27 AM
* Ace Member *

I don't think anyone is saying the Beto vid is the end all, be all, but if you didn't learn anything from it, then you didn't really listen. As Bruce Lee would say, be formless, study all forms and make your own form. I still pick up things from the vid I didn't get before and I can't say my form is like his because I've got more Swedish in my form. He says a lot of the same stuff that Feldy and Climo say in their instructional, but its much shorter, had no budget and free. So why complain about it, or lash out at someone for posting it? The Beto vid was made for understanding concepts from DGR and wasn't really produced for beginners, not that it won't help. When you pair the vid with the Secret Technique, Masterbeato, and Brad Walkers Snap 2009 threads, it really puts things together. Even blindly posting the vid is not going to hurt anyone or lead them in the wrong direction, and to understand it better all you have to do is read a little. I guess reading and not being a donkey is too much to ask?
Old 05-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 37
Well, I tried going out last night with a putter, and just focusing as much as I could on snap and accelerating through the hit. I forget whose video I saw on it, but I got the link off of this site somewhere. Anyway, it was a little too windy, plus I was up on a decent hill. I think I got some OAT, because it was just slowly curving right it's whole flight. I watched my disc soar over a tree line about 290 ft away (google maps) it was lost. My wife and I searched for over half an hour with no luck.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Slow curve is much better than crash and burn, so it can't be that bad. It could also be the disc or wind.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreemCheese View Post
Well, I tried going out last night with a putter, and just focusing as much as I could on snap and accelerating through the hit. I forget whose video I saw on it, but I got the link off of this site somewhere. Anyway, it was a little too windy, plus I was up on a decent hill. I think I got some OAT, because it was just slowly curving right it's whole flight. I watched my disc soar over a tree line about 290 ft away (google maps) it was lost. My wife and I searched for over half an hour with no luck.
Well it may be OAT (video would help confirm) but other things to consider as well:

1. Most putters have a power threshold beyond which they will start flipping, what were you throwing?

2. Downhill makes discs turn more

3. headwinds and L-R (for RHBH) crosswinds will turn/flip the disc as well

Had this been on flat I'd tell you that 290 with a putter is great, but i guess depends on the 3 other factors, lol.