A few recent acquisitions:

Old 07-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by trex1878 View Post
Are gummy champ rhynos best for driving/approaching or just putting? Or both? What makes them sought after. I have a brand new really gummy one I ordered online to go with my regular champ rhyno that I usually drive/approach with. Planned on using it for just putts.
I have a gummy Champ Rhyno that I bought for windy approaches. Really good for that use. I have tried putting with it. I've never seen a disc bounce out of the basket more than this thing does. I think the plastic returns to it's original shape faster than other "soft" plastics do. Once it impacts something, it "springs" back into shape, and bounces out of the basket. I have put it in the basket from pretty far away a few times, but never use it for putts. Even if I have the Rhyno laid up ten feet from the basket, I'll grab my Aviar to finish the job.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
I have a gummy Champ Rhyno that I bought for windy approaches. Really good for that use. I have tried putting with it. I've never seen a disc bounce out of the basket more than this thing does. I think the plastic returns to it's original shape faster than other "soft" plastics do. Once it impacts something, it "springs" back into shape, and bounces out of the basket. I have put it in the basket from pretty far away a few times, but never use it for putts. Even if I have the Rhyno laid up ten feet from the basket, I'll grab my Aviar to finish the job.
That stinks. I was hoping the opposite would be true, that it would absorb the impact better. I guess I'll still try my luck and see how it goes.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Have you tried throwing with a stiffer Rhyno, like one in DX or one without the spring back (SE or R-Pro)? It appears the problem is with your gummy Champ Rhyno is the force with which it springs back. No spring back (DX) or less force on spring back (SE or r-pro) and that should alleviate your problem.

Do you have problems throwing hard with it? The softer the plastic, the more OAT it likely to be imparted on the disc because the force of the throw and snap will flex the disc impart OAT.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 24
How do i tell if my rhyno is CE, I have some that are Zippery, but I dont know what to compare it too, or it its zippery enough to be a zipper top.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 62
the zipper noise is pretty audible, and you can definitely make out the record grooves in the plastic. i'm not sure how the best way to explain the feel is, but they just feel different than a regular gummy rhyno. all of the ones i've had were the same color throughout the disc, and were not pearly.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Runner Guy View Post
Have you tried throwing with a stiffer Rhyno, like one in DX or one without the spring back (SE or R-Pro)? It appears the problem is with your gummy Champ Rhyno is the force with which it springs back. No spring back (DX) or less force on spring back (SE or r-pro) and that should alleviate your problem.

Do you have problems throwing hard with it? The softer the plastic, the more OAT it likely to be imparted on the disc because the force of the throw and snap will flex the disc impart OAT.
No problem getting accurate distance with my Rhyno. There's a short 250' hole at a course around here. Automatic birdie with the Rhyno. I've had the thing bounce out of the basket on a 15' putt that went right in the sweet spot of the chains. Like I said, good windy approach disc. I also use a Pig, it can handle a little more power. Never throw a Pig if there is the danger of it rolling down a hill. It will roll down the hill.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 21
EDIT: whoops nevermind
Old 07-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
No problem getting accurate distance with my Rhyno. There's a short 250' hole at a course around here. Automatic birdie with the Rhyno. I've had the thing bounce out of the basket on a 15' putt that went right in the sweet spot of the chains. Like I said, good windy approach disc. I also use a Pig, it can handle a little more power. Never throw a Pig if there is the danger of it rolling down a hill. It will roll down the hill.
This man speaks the truth. If there is a hill even remotely by the basket, it will seek it out and roll....and roll...

And roll...

Old 07-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Par Member

I'm seething with jealousy. All of these delicious blue rhynos...