Old 05-31-2011, 02:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
You got a lot of locals throwing further than you out that way? I played with a guy yesterday that was one of those that could throw really far but couldn't explain much. I asked him and all he could say was "I guess since I played so much baseball, it just came naturally to me."
Yeah, I'm pretty lucky, Joliet is like Northern Illinois' DG Promised Land. So even if they're not from around here, all the good players in the state are here at least semi often. You can hardly play INT here competitively without a 400' drive.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 56
What I have found out over the last two seasons (when I really learned how to clear 400' consistently) is that gaps like the OP listed really do come from nose angle issues. I still struggle with these issues, but when I hit (or half hit, which is probably my case) a drive with the nose down, the disc flies much straighter path from start to finish. No real S-Turn to be seen, and the speed of the flight is noticeably faster.

These type of nose angle issues are very hard to see, but they are there. True nose down with a PD at that distance shouldn't have a lot of fade unless you're throwing over 12' high. Throwing midranges and putters as far as you have listed isn't too difficult with very slight nose up issues. The faster the disc you're trying to throw, the more noticeable the problem becomes.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 155
Send a message via Yahoo to optidiscic
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
What I have found out over the last two seasons (when I really learned how to clear 400' consistently) is that gaps like the OP listed really do come from nose angle issues. I still struggle with these issues, but when I hit (or half hit, which is probably my case) a drive with the nose down, the disc flies much straighter path from start to finish. No real S-Turn to be seen, and the speed of the flight is noticeably faster.

These type of nose angle issues are very hard to see, but they are there. True nose down with a PD at that distance shouldn't have a lot of fade unless you're throwing over 12' high. Throwing midranges and putters as far as you have listed isn't too difficult with very slight nose up issues. The faster the disc you're trying to throw, the more noticeable the problem becomes.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 88
I'd say its either nose angle or grip, or both. Nose up doesn't always mean it will sail and stall, there are different degrees.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 33
hmm.... not saying that I will, but if I get a video up of my drives, would that help anyone diagnose if it's a nose angle issue? I'm not even sure you'd be able to see.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 88
Why not?
Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 31
I am about 10-20' short of you in consistent distance. All I have to say is that my longest throw was a lazer beam that was never more than 8' off the ground and it traveled about 455'. I wish I could repeat that consistently.

If you figure anything out, let me know.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 42
The easiest way to diagnose nose angle issues is to

- watch the disc near the end of it's flight. Can you see the top of the disc at all? If so, you have nose angle issues.

- When your discs fade out do they appear to fade more forward or to the side? If your answer is the latter than you have nose angle issues.

Now that youve diagnosed your problem the easiest solution is... (I have no idea)
Old 05-31-2011, 06:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix2113 View Post
glad you think about me in your free time archy
Lol....

Old 05-31-2011, 06:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 46
i had the same question about me. I can hit the about 250 with putters but only about 340-360...feel like my form is good, just maybe need more arm speed/snap...and def work on nose angles!!!