RHBH Wizard: 225/260'; Buzzz: 250/300'; Teebird: 280/310' Orc/Saint: 290/350'
RHFH Firebird 220/250'; Orc 240/270'
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Nope
Other sport proficiencies?: Softball, Billiards
Additional Information: Haven't ever really thrown any OH's or rollers
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Only 1 mid
Specific areas of desired feedback: Just general thoughts/ideas for now

Grip A black/grey bag. RHBH, with some forehand (70/30).

Putters:
RFF Wizard - 175, black, super flexy and wonderful, main putter
RFF Wizard - 174, pink, a touch less flexible, used for short upshots
DX Wedge - 170ish, white, short turnover drives, short/large annys
SS Wizard - 175, tan, main driving putter (up to 225')

Mids:
Cryztal Z Buzzz - 177g, clear blue, longer approaches, some driving duties (225-260ish), holds almost any line, even into a headwind
EMPTY - possibly something a bit more OS, but not a spot that screams out as a need right now

Fairways:
Star Leopard - 168g, green swirl, lazer straight or big annys (260-280')
Pro Leopard - 170g, tiedye, just messing with this right now...might end up going away
Champ Leopard - 175g, blue, a bit more US than the Star...either this or the Pro will go away at some point
Star Teebird - 171g, bright orange, straight with a touch of fade at the end (260'-290')
VIP Stag - 174g, pink, very close to a Champ TB...I just like this more for big hyzers, and has a little more distance than the TB (275-290')

Distance:
**I consider anything speed 9 and over a distance driver**
Neutron Amp - 175g, yellow, turnovers only
Opto Saint - 171g, dayglow yellow, distance, especially tailwind (280-320')
Star Firebird - 168g, blue, super beat FAF, utility disc...lots of FH approaches and high headwind driver...this thing is straight magic, it finds the basket no matter how crappily I throw it
Star Orc - 166g, red, fresh, hyzer distance (280-320'), FH S curves or straight with strong fade
Star Orc - 174g, dayglow yellow, beat, FH line shaping (mostly), I tend to use this with space from elevation

Playing around with currently:
Pinnacle Rival - I'm sure this is going to end up as a wall hanger...on the few throws I've had with it, it seems like a less glidy Teebird
C-PD - super beefy, I might try some FH with it, but it's feeling like a fresh heavy Star Orc to me, so it might end up in the MP as well
Med Wizard - when it warms up
Champ Tern - this one might make it in the bag when I get some more time to play with it...nice easy distance on an open line

I'll probably switch to a Medium Wizard when it warms up for drives.

I know there's some overlap (TB-Stag, Saint-Orc), but they all feel like they've got a spot, and on different days I feel better with one or the other...soooo, ya know.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2014, 05:47 PM
*#!SuiCiDe AnKLeS*$$

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 215
Throwing Style: RHBH

Putters:
RFF Wizard - 175, black, super flexy and wonderful, main putter
RFF Wizard - 174, pink, a touch less flexible, used for short upshots
DX Wedge - 170ish, white, short turnover drives, short/large annys
SS Wizard - 175, tan, beat, main straight driving putter (up to 225')
SS Wizard - 175, white, fresh, main OS driving putter

Mids:
Cryztal Z Buzzz - 177g, clear blue, longer approaches, some driving duties (225-260ish), holds almost any line, even into a headwind
EMPTY - CZ Drone is a possibility here

Fairways:
Star Leopard - 168g, green swirl, lazer straight or big annys (260-280')
going away
Champ Leopard - 175g, blue, a bit more US than the Star
Star Teebird - 171g, bright orange, straight with a touch of fade at the end (260'-290')
Star Teebird- 169g, blue swirly, a bit more OS

Distance:
**I consider anything speed 9 and over a distance driver**
Neutron Amp - 175g, yellow, turnovers only
Star Firebird - 168g, blue, super beat FAF, utility disc...lots of FH approaches and high headwind driver...this thing is straight magic, it finds the basket no matter how crappily I throw it
Star Orc - 166g, red, fresh, hyzer distance (280-320'), FH S curves or straight with strong fade
Star Orc - 174g, dayglow yellow, beat, FH line shaping (mostly), I tend to use this with space from elevation
Star Orc-175g, dayglow green, fresh-ish, not OS, not US, just money for long drives
C-PD-175g, orange, headwind shots, spike hyzers
Champ Tern - 175g, red MF, great for max distance or slight S-curve long shots

Messing with:
CZ Drone- to fill the OS mid slot.
Z Avenger SS - might move the Amp out

Took out the Pro Leopard, VIP Stag, and Opto Saint. Too much overlap, and to be honest, I don't love Euro plastic. The Saint was a tough one to pull, but I've got three Orcs that cover any shot a Saint can pull off.

Last edited by Stardoggy; 01-25-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 88

A Suspect might fit into your OS mid slot. It's almost a tweener mid/putter, a la the Drone. Nicely HSS without a huge fade.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:02 AM
Banned

Courses Played: 80

this year im going to use pds to cover all my distance driving besides star firebirds for super os. and i am going to keep one saint to act as a laser driver. just dead nuts straight, barely any fade. some call it an overlap but ill need a distance disc that doesnt fade. might be worth hanging onto a saint.

and if buzzes are good enough for a headwind for you i will not recommend a wasp for you. but instead i would say check out a hornet. youll get more D outta that than a drone and its hella os. the current z hornets are like a esp/z hybrid blend pretty sweet plastic
Old 01-26-2014, 01:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 114

One mid? What the, I don't even.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:18 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 7

I like the Buzzz for my go to mid also but I get about the same results from my Avenger SS with a little more distance. I also carry a 150 class Archangel if I need an anhyser tunnel shot because it's easier for me to work it. Keep in mind that I AM a beginner
Old 01-26-2014, 08:08 AM
*#!SuiCiDe AnKLeS*$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
A Suspect might fit into your OS mid slot. It's almost a tweener mid/putter, a la the Drone. Nicely HSS without a huge fade.
I carried a Suspect earlier this year. I liked it when it was new, had a great meathook quality that I loved, but even the Bio I had beat in and ended up being too unpredictable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
One mid? What the, I don't even.
There are some mids auditioning. I've got a Star Rancho Roc and CZ Drone that will be going through the drills over the next couple months. I'm just looking for something a bit more OS than the Buzzz. The Wedge is kind of a tweener putter (3.5 speed), and can carry those US mid duties.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 28

Try out a Zone, and if you need something longer, power down the Star Firechicken.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:25 AM
*#!SuiCiDe AnKLeS*$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Try out a Zone, and if you need something longer, power down the Star Firechicken.
I've been contemplating a Zone. I'll probably audition a Hornet and Wasp at some point, as well.

And believe you me, the Star FB covers a LOT of shots. When I'm in doubt, and have the space, that bad boy gets used. It's not always the best disc for the shot, but I just have a crazy amount of confidence when I'm throwing it. I throw a ton of FH approach shots with it.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
I've been contemplating a Zone. I'll probably audition a Hornet and Wasp at some point, as well.

And believe you me, the Star FB covers a LOT of shots. When I'm in doubt, and have the space, that bad boy gets used. It's not always the best disc for the shot, but I just have a crazy amount of confidence when I'm throwing it. I throw a ton of FH approach shots with it.
Yeah, I would go Wasp or Zone. Hornets are pretty fast for midranges (like a Buzzz) and can get into fairway category. I'd definitely go with a slower overstable mid and FB it for anything longer.