Old 12-12-2016, 10:08 AM

Default Reduce and edit my bag

Hello. I am thinking what discs i need in my bag and what not. Now i am using discs in the bottom of the text.
If you see something is missing or not nessesary say it. And also what you reccomend to try!
I need help because i want to establish my bag and cant figure it out by myself. I am a fan of trilogy so only dd, ws or latitude discs. I want also so less as possible disc molds. Usually i have mid-ranges weight 174g and 176g. Drivers weight i have are 174g and 172g.
My averange distance is about 300ft.
Thank you!

Putter:
i had p2 and now thinking about pure.

Mid-ranges:
Harp bt-medium (very straight and fade in the end. So it is really beated. Use to 200ft.)
Harp tournament (same but very overstable)
? (Really straight or little understable harp is disc i want. Maybe pure do that? Which plastic?)
Tursas vip (for huge anhyzers)
Claymore opto line (was my favourite disc but dont use it much nowadays)
? (I want s-curce mid-range. Claymore and compass both dont come back when throwing anhyzer. Maybe just more training whit them..? And maybe other of them is not nessesary?)
Compass opto line (straight, anhyzers, and little fade. Like a longer harp to 250ft.)
? (I need a disc to In the wind conditions and more overstable than compass. Maybe emac truth or bard? I have bard but it feels little too overstable.)

Drivers:
Seer tournament (for big anhyzers)
Striker gold and opto line (straight and s-curve shots)
Culverin opto line (for wind and hyzers. Or throwing in flat and agressive fade in the end.)

Thumber and forehand rollers:
Longbowman tournament

This are disc i think to try: saint pro, flow, escape, truth, pain, mace, renegade and medius.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 3

If you're ok with using prodigy, I'd recommend the M4 as they have the same pancake type profile as the Claymore with a shallow rim. It's kind a pretty shallow s-turn though.

Old 12-12-2016, 12:31 PM

Talking

Thanks but only trilogy discs.. Maybe i am just too loyalty
Old 12-12-2016, 12:44 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 128
Throwing Style: RHBH

Quote:
Putter:
pure. basically a putter/mid/driver.. Get a baseline and opto. Ive thrown opto pures on hyzer/straight/anny lines 300' and was my only putter for a long time. You can use seasoned beat up baseline for US like the harps below

Mid-ranges:
Harp bt-medium** (very straight and fade in the end. So it is really beated. Use to 200ft.)
Harp tournament (same but very overstable)season up/beat these for below.
? (Really straight or little understable harp is disc i want. pure do that? yes once beat up..pure will work as well in baseline when beat too. You will have a cycle of pures and harps going of multiple stability levels to cover all these shots.

? (I want s-curce mid-range. any of their OS mids will work. I used to throw the pain but believe it is OOP.
Wind...you will havr an os mold for flex shots so throw that with hyzer. Pure also handles wind with some hyzer. Can always throw a driver if it is THAT windy.

Drivers:
Seer tournament (for big anhyzers)
Striker gold and opto line (straight and s-curve shots)
Culverin opto line (for wind and hyzers. Or throwing in flat and agressive fade in the end.)

Thumber and forehand rollers:
use other discs already bagged

This are disc i think to try: saint pro, flow, escape, truth, pain, mace, renegade and medius.
Do not try a medius. I dont think you need to try any other discs personally.

My small latitude bag was pure core/fuse pain vision striker. I learned how to throw much better and then worried about adding more molds to complement my new skillzzzz! Good luck.

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 12-12-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:00 PM

Thanks a lot! Baseline..? Sorry i am not sure what you mean but i guess zero-line?

Also i listen more tips !
Old 12-12-2016, 01:11 PM
FROLF OFF!

Right. Baseline is the cheap priced stuff

Can you throw a putter on many different lines? Hyzer/anhyzer throws with putters and mids will really show you how to shape nice shots. It is fine to rely on a certain stability to get a desired flight but most important to learn how to throw different angles. I always liked the pure and striker a lot for this reason as they pretty much fly how you release them and any weird turn i knew was my fault. Pure is one of the better putters to come out from any new company IMO since ive started playing and i love to throw a putter...

Once you understand the use of different angles it will make a lot more sense to add in unique molds where you are finding out you need XYZ shot. Manipulating the flight of a disc is so much fun you just want to make sure it is not via "oat" (off axis torque) which when new should be avoided. Clean releases while working on throwing far by being smooth is biggest hurdle for new players.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:15 PM
FROLF OFF!

If you have time to watch some video... Start at the top HERE
Vid #1:

Old 12-12-2016, 01:28 PM

Yes i know those things. I have about 2months ago about 6different drivers and nowadays only striker and culve. Local "pro players" teach me the idea: dont choose disc to throw. Choose throw to disc. (If you get it )
But midranges are my biggest problem. I like them all very much. I like most harps. So maybe kombo harp, emac truth, and claymore will work..? I cant wait when i get my pures what i ordered but i think they are maybe little too short for my technigue so i think claymore is longer pure. I also hope emac is enough OS.. (havent trhow emac yet but they are on they way with pures).
Old 12-12-2016, 03:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 61

I don't know trilogy real well, but I think you'll love the Pure. I have an opto that flies farther than most of my mids. I still throw the mids for the lines, but the Pure is a nice disc with mucho glide.

I echo someone's comment in the first thread you started. Pay attention to your disc and shot selection for a few rounds, and note how well that worked for you. It helps you know how you're using your bag and what shots you are comfortable with, but it also points out areas of your game that need improvement. I found someone willing to film a couple entire rounds for me, and that taught me some useful things about my game.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:36 PM

Thanks! Just notice i have lots of new to learn and you guys help how to learn them!