Old 06-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Training For Speed And Accuracy

When I started to play discgolf (2004) I just went out and threw the disc(putter) around on the course and I maybe shot around 100 on a regular 18 holes. I maybe threw about 50-100 ft back then.

3 years later (2007) I was still throwing the same putter(Pro-D Magnet) but I could now throw it around 200 ft and shooting 70 as best (15 over par).

What I have come to realize with my game.
I have become more serious Because 2008 I came to realize that This was a competetive Sport. As I now throw and compete in Sweden I Have a mind game and I use controllable discs that I trust.

And what I now want to share is: Tips I follow and use.

The Drive/uppshot or Tee-off: When my mind is full of negatives I (1)step upp,(2) think where I see the RED- line (3)Pick a Disc to match the line. (4) Count the first step as I Tee-off to reduce myself from overthinking the shot.

For this to work the best you need to be relaxed and feel strong.
I train to become more accurate with my drives and putts. And I also increaase my distance by doing so.

Strength training is good for ruducing rotational and twist strain on your body aswell as it can help with overal stamina in your game.

will write more when I get time to do so. I will also take up on and write about disc edge stability.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Par Member

Old 06-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 35
Okay!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 9
Disc edge stability? "Technique to find the right discs"

I have been playing this sport for 9,2 years and the last 2 years I have been thinking why some discs go different when they are the same disc and in some cases in the same weight.

(Some years ago I have also been so frustrated about being able to calculate the stability of a disc by measuring it's aspects as rim, dimeter and height. I have come close but gave up on that.)

for example if you are in a store and you need a stable disc(lets say you want a Gold-Line Halo) a stable one. when I want to get a stable one or a understable one I lay the ones I find on a flat surface (a table) and look which discs has the highest edge for stability and lowest edge for understability.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 1
I think much of your self-taught knowledge can also be found here. You mention the height of the edge, which is what most around here refer to as PLH, or parting line height. High PLH means more stability, as you mentioned.

Your posts remind me of what it must have been like for disc golfers back then. No DGR, or DGCR to glean tips from. You either had to have someone you know teach you, or figure it all out by yourself. I think more than anything, guys just threw discs and didn't over-analyze everything like we do now, on the internet.