Old 10-31-2013, 09:21 PM
Par Member

Decisions are way to hard!

I'm looking for a new bag and my brain hurts from looking.

I'm just starting to get into tournaments so I was thinking a backpack style like simian or ranger or maybe an ergo2, but I don't usually carry that much extra stuff with me.

So then I thought about a commander or competition, but then would have to carry around a stool and get backpack straps. And, the caddy thing from innova seems a little high pricewise

Any advice? I want to be able to carry 15-18 plus putters
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2013, 09:23 PM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 194
GB Silverback.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:34 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeshoe View Post
GB Silverback.
I'm just impatient too GB is a long wait lol
Old 10-31-2013, 09:36 PM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanbearguy View Post
I'm just impatient too GB is a long wait lol
Worth every second. I've had two GB bags. One I had to sell at one point and I rue that decision greatly.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 26
I found a good deal on a Revo and I've been liking it so far. Plenty of storage without being bulky. You would have to buy straps as you said, other than that I can recommend it. Not as wide as something like the Commander either.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:54 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanbearguy View Post
I want to be able to carry 15-18 plus putters
When I read this my mind parsed it as "18+ putters" and I was like wtf.

I don't know anything about big disc bags but I bet it would be helpful for those who do know such things to know what your budget looks like. How much did you have in mind?
Old 10-31-2013, 10:04 PM
Par Member

^^^ lol I like putters alot....good point I knew I forgot something but pretty much any price

Hifi thanks for the info ill check it out
Old 10-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHBH
I just upgraded from my Fade Crunch. After some thought, I decided to just go all in and I bought the Simian. Chris is closing in on my order - it'll probably be here within two weeks.

I'm not going to lie, the wait has been tough (7 weeks and counting). But I feel confident that it'll be worth it. I like that I know I'm getting a tried-and-tested product. I see a lot of people having issues with new companies and new bags, and I've never heard anyone complain about the workmanship if a GB bag. It's guaranteed: if a problem arises, I can get it fixed. I like the Simian's flexible storage capacity: the main storage is designed to hold 12, but the bag can hold more than double that if you want. It's got a built-in umbrella holder and a built-in stool, the latter of which ended up being a selling point for me. I like the look of it, and I like that it's made by a guy in his basement who's just into making a kick-ass disc golf bag. I don't exactly have money to throw around, but when I do spend, I like knowing that it goes to "the little guy." There are a lot of little guys in the disc golf business, but it's hard to get (metaphorically) littler than Gorilla Boy.

All of those reasons added up to make the Simian the right choice for me. The proof will be in the pudding, of course, but I think I'll be happy with it. Good luck with your decision-making: there are a lot of good bags out there.

As an aside: I'd also considered the Ergo 2, which seems like a good choice if you don't carry a ton of extra stuff. I've read some complaints about the comfort, though, and it's been out of stock basically since it was released, with no restocking date announced as far as I know. The Salient Catalyst also seems like a great option for a mid-sized bag, and the price is nice ($139ish, I believe). Those have yet to be released, though, so it's hard to say how they'll be received.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 82
The DD Ranger is surprisingly lightweight and comfortable. Plus, they are readily available.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:59 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeshoe View Post
Worth every second. I've had two GB bags. One I had to sell at one point and I rue that decision greatly.
+1

Or my Voodoo Karma that has one 27 hole round under its belt I've been considering selling. I had a Mojo and due to a small issue I had it replaced...Voodoo had no Mojos in stock so I paid the difference and received a Karma instead.

Too big for me - AWESOME bag though (Mojo clone, just wider so it fits more discs).

GB Silverback = Voodoo Mojo
GB Kong = Voodoo Karma

EDIT: I may honestly like the Voodoo bags more but either company is the right decision. Both very durable and well designed. Voodoo has better pocket organization and room but I won't compare durability since I baby my stuff Prices are also way lower than a nice backpack style, and IMHO you should wait to buy one for a few years until you truly truly know how many discs you want to carry.

Last edited by GripEnemy; 10-31-2013 at 11:02 PM.