Old 02-18-2013, 12:39 AM

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHFH
Not to just bump this thread, but I have been thinking about the next mod for this bag and I am thinking about designing an interior putter pocket for the top pocket. So thing that sit as on the back of the pocket with some type of strap to hold the discs in. This or some type of cord / strap / something to keep the front putter pocket more stable. Other than lack of water holder the putter pocket is the next most annoying thing on this bag.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain_Bomber View Post
Not to just bump this thread, but I have been thinking about the next mod for this bag and I am thinking about designing an interior putter pocket for the top pocket. So thing that sit as on the back of the pocket with some type of strap to hold the discs in. This or some type of cord / strap / something to keep the front putter pocket more stable. Other than lack of water holder the putter pocket is the next most annoying thing on this bag.
I used to use the separater as a putter pocket( pin it towards the top ) but now i use thw bottom pocket ( the one with the graphic on it) and i like this one the best. Also i put a bungee around the zippers so i could close it easier, and it also helps secure the putters. Win. Win.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain_Bomber View Post
I use a bungee attached to the elastic above the upper pocket. I can pull over discs in the upper pocket and secure it to either the lower pocket and effectively secure the discs in the upper pocket, and secure the lower flap as well; or I can just secure the discs in the upper pocket by pulling the cord over the sunglass case. Works beautifully. I keep my 3-4 most used discs in the upper pocket, never worry about losing them, and greatly reduce my need to even go into the lower portion for discs.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:21 PM

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
another option

I've been using the cabela's bag for months and am always on the look out for a new mod. Here is what I came up with recently:

It's for sale too if you know anyone interested:
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/spo/3632737021.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00 bag closed.jpg (50.6 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 01 bag opened.jpg (50.4 KB, 117 views)
Old 02-23-2013, 02:13 AM

i just played a round with my bag today its amazing i have the frame in the bottom but i dont have enough discs to fill it so i have a bungie cord to keep them from tipping over and falling out i put a speaker in the top for shiggles and i love it probably going to find a way to hook up my dogs leash to it without destroying the bag we shall see
Old 02-23-2013, 02:43 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianlilley13 View Post
i just played a round with my bag today its amazing i have the frame in the bottom but i dont have enough discs to fill it so i have a bungie cord to keep them from tipping over and falling out i put a speaker in the top for shiggles and i love it probably going to find a way to hook up my dogs leash to it without destroying the bag we shall see
Glad you are getting some good use out of Ian! SHould have told me you needed more discs to fill it up with!! Could have hooked you up with a few.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 103
Still loving my Cabela's bag. Been playing a ton of winter disc with it.

Pro-Tip: If you live or play in ANY sort of rough/snow/wet terrain, make sure you Plasti-Seal the bottom of the bag. It's pretty amazing stuff and saves a TON of wear and tear on the bottom of the bag.

Still eyeballing the Grip bag (or Voodoo Spinal Tap when it comes out) for a Spring/Summer/Fall bag and then using the Cabela's bag for punishing winter disc.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:46 PM

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 18
I have this bag as well, loving it with the exception of one thing...What have you guys done with the "flap" that occurs when you have your discs in the bottom. I have PVC running on the bottom, not a whole frame, but just to hold them from rolling out...I just have the flap well, flapping around and its kind of annoying is all... All of your ideas have been awesome, got my buddy hooked on this bag, and at a tourney last week we ran into another dude with the bag, I think that was the last 3 here in the Omaha area!

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrif View Post
I have this bag as well, loving it with the exception of one thing...What have you guys done with the "flap" that occurs when you have your discs in the bottom. I have PVC running on the bottom, not a whole frame, but just to hold them from rolling out...I just have the flap well, flapping around and its kind of annoying is all... All of your ideas have been awesome, got my buddy hooked on this bag, and at a tourney last week we ran into another dude with the bag, I think that was the last 3 here in the Omaha area!

Thanks in advance!
If you're referring to front flap (on the Green Cabela's bag) where you open the bag to access the discs in the lower compartment - I had it tucked inside the lower compartment. With 18 discs on top of it, they held it down with no issues, and nothing fell out.

I have since left it out, so the snow doesn't get inside the bag when it's deep. At first I thought it was a pain, but I'm fine withleaving it out now. Plus there's an extra zippered pouch on the front than I can use (not available with it stuffed under discs).

FYI - I've sewed the zippers on either side to limit how far down the zippers go down (mentioned earlier in the thread).

Old 02-25-2013, 09:26 PM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
If you're referring to front flap (on the Green Cabela's bag) where you open the bag to access the discs in the lower compartment - I had it tucked inside the lower compartment. With 18 discs on top of it, they held it down with no issues, and nothing fell out.

I have since left it out, so the snow doesn't get inside the bag when it's deep. At first I thought it was a pain, but I'm fine withleaving it out now. Plus there's an extra zippered pouch on the front than I can use (not available with it stuffed under discs).

FYI - I've sewed the zippers on either side to limit how far down the zippers go down (mentioned earlier in the thread).
Yep. I tucked the XPS flap underneath the frame and never looked back. My discs have never fallen out. Great bag.