Disc Golf Store
Old 04-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 23
Also, If you google something like "cabela's coupon" or "Cabelas promo" it should be pretty easy to find a code for 2 dollar shipping.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:54 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Interesting looking bag for sure - Any further feedback from big folks as to how this fits? I have pretty broad shoulders, and taking a too-small bag off and on all the time would be a huuuuge PITA.

Any chance there's room for a Camelback bladder in this badboy?
Old 04-02-2012, 10:13 AM

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHFH
I'm 6'2" tall and weight 220, the bag fits me just fine. I loosen the straps when I am playing, and shorten them for my bike commute. I picked this bag so I would be able to carry spare bike tubes etc., and a bike pump fits in the rod holder. If you zipper the internal divider a water bladder could easily fit in the top compartment. I built the internal frame all the way to the top of the bag, so now I have a 3" x 11.5" seat in my bag. Setting the bag down and having a seat to sit on is great.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtDan914 View Post
Somebody asked me a question about the pvc frame I had built for my bag so I figured I would post a pic up here if anybody else wanted to see it. It is made from 1/2" pvc and cost about $10 all together. The dimensions are 9-3/4" tall, 13-1/2" wide, and 6-1/2" deep. This is probably about the largest the frame can be made too because it is a rather snug fit and takes a few minutes to try and zip the flap that separates the two compartments (I have to take one end off and put it in through the top to get it in the bag). It holds the discs nicely and I can actually walk around with the back flap completely open and the discs won't fall out as long as I am not to rough with it.

I had a question about the dimensions. Are those dimensions of the frame after its complete or the length of the pvc before connecting. I am bad at building things so any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 AM

Those are the finished dimensions not the cut lengths.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 166
Keep in mind that the height is subjective. I made mine a little shorter so that I would not have as much trouble working the zipper. Others made theirs much taller so that the frame extends into the upper compartment (like Conch's built in seat).
Old 04-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: RHBH
I made my frame to fit the disc compartment fairly snug. The back & bottom are secured with pvc glue.The top side and front up sections are not glued so I can remove the frame without stressing the zipper.

I made the frame to make the bag rigid. The discs won't fall out because if there is anything in the top section the bottom will sag down just enough to hold them in place.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:55 PM

Here is the bag with seat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bag3.jpg (76.6 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg bag4.jpg (89.5 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg bag2.jpg (86.6 KB, 387 views)
Old 04-03-2012, 06:13 PM
* Ace Member *

wow conch that is awesome!! my version of the simian right there!! care to share what the frame you constructed looks like?

Old 04-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 12
I got mine in the mail yesterday and I think the Mojo might be on it's way out the door. AWESOME bag with a lot (as seen here) of potential. Can't wait to put it through the paces...