Old 04-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 28.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: RHBH
The seat idea is pretty cool but I'd have to lose about 100 pounds before that would work for me.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 8
Awesome seat idea! Can we get the frame dimensions? I saw these bags are on sale and had to jump on it! Also are you using schedule 80 pipe for the frame for added support? I really really can't wait to get mine! One more thing, do you guys think its worth it to plasti dip it or is the bottom going to last forever?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Man, I want to pick one of these up soooooo badly, but I am only carrying 7 discs right now. Maybe when I disc back up...This will make a nice golf bag/diaper bag for when I bring my 1-year-old out with me.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 28
I bought one of these recently as well... I love it! I have a pvc frame in mine and as others have mentioned, was worried about my discs falling out. So far this hasn't been an issue. I need to put a zipper stop such as a safety-pin in, but stuff doesn't fall out unless the bag is completely tipped. Definitely worth the money.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
I bought one of these recently as well... I love it! I have a pvc frame in mine and as others have mentioned, was worried about my discs falling out. So far this hasn't been an issue. I need to put a zipper stop such as a safety-pin in, but stuff doesn't fall out unless the bag is completely tipped. Definitely worth the money.
Did the make the seat type frame or just the disc holder frame? Did you pvc cement them together or just "let em buck"? I need to find a nice cushion that can sit on top the frame I plan on making now...hmmm what to do
Old 04-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 28
What modifications have you guys made to the drink holder? It is really the only thing I don't like about the bag. While I'm sure the lining helps insulate the drink, it is pretty annoying. I'm thinking about cutting it out. What have you guys done, or has it been a non-issue?
Old 04-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 25
These are some mods I did. Nothing special but they work for me. I was also curious about the drink holder, that thing stinks.

I decided to go with a slightly modified internal frame. So far this holds it up just as well but doesn't make it as bulky and I can fit more discs in the bottom part. Theres 18 in the bottom section now, I could fit 2 more drivers or a mid/putter.

http://imgur.com/LF44K

I put a small hole right above the sunglass holder and put a piece of paracord through and attached it to the bunge cord above the putter pocket. It holds my putters in tighter and there's no chance of them falling out if I lean over, or if the bag falls down.

http://imgur.com/yiOrv

This is my complete set up. It's exceded expectations so far.

http://imgur.com/vhA5H
Old 04-04-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyrhees View Post
I had a question about the dimensions. Are those dimensions of the frame after its complete or the length of the pvc before connecting. I am bad at building things so any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
So glad I found this thread. I really liked the concept of the Grip EQ, but the price is ridiculous. Got this bad boy on sale and I'm very pleased.

As for the questions on dimensions..

The original dimensions of 9 3/4th tall, 13 1/2 wide, 6 1/2 deep are accurate. However that's the size of the piping after the connectors are added. I found that the connectors add an inch on each end.

Therefore I cut my height to.. I think it was 7 inches, because it's SUPER tight even at that. Experiment, Try 7 1/2 and see what you think, I almost ripped my bag jamming it in there, you can always cut some off.. 11 1/2 wide, and 4 1/2 deep.

The bottom holds around 18 discs, I'd actually like to carry 14.. So I'm thinking of something to put on each side to help keep the discs upright. Any ideas?

I added Gaphers tape to the bottom pipes to help hold them in place. I also layed a few strips in the front to close the gap a little so they really stay in there. I held the bag upside down with the flap completely open and nothing fell out.

Only complaint is the cup holder is pretty meh, I carry 32 oz gatorades usually and that thing just isn't going to work. I recommend this bag to anyone with 10+ discs.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 28.6
Courses Played: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejib View Post
The bottom holds around 18 discs, I'd actually like to carry 14.. So I'm thinking of something to put on each side to help keep the discs upright. Any ideas?
I took 1 1/2 inch foam and cut it to fit inside the side frames and spray painted it black. It works very well for keeping the discs from sliding around.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:14 PM

good idea.