Old 04-11-2012, 06:44 PM

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHFH
My frame seat backpack mod holds 220 pounds.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by DikenCider View Post
How much weight can that seat hold? Also my idea was for this bag is to make a frame so the discs sit that the top of the bag rather than the bottom. What I mean is rather than the discs be at the bottom like most people are doing make a frame so you reach into the top of the bag to get your discs. I feel that this would work better than having the discs in the bottom compartment. Do you guys think this would work? Is there any point in trying to do this? I have a bag but actually use it for fishing lol. I have a lat 64 bag and I love the amount of storage it has. Can you fit a sweatshirt or rain suit into this bag will all the discs? My lat 64 bag is starting to fall apart and I want a cheaper backpack bag and this seems like a good option. Let me know what you guys think, thanks!
You can easily fit a sweatshirt and rain suit in the top storage. On page 8 I posted some pictures of the stuff I regularly store in my bag.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tistoude View Post
You can easily fit a sweatshirt and rain suit in the top storage. On page 8 I posted some pictures of the stuff I regularly store in my bag.
Where did you get that carabiner that holds your mini, it looks sweet.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: LHBH
I previously posted that I would have to save up for this, but I just received an award at work, and one of the selections was a gift card to Cabela's for $50. guess I have enough to buy and mod this bag. Look forward to getting started on it...

Now I'm going to have to buy more discs to fill it...
Old 04-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
honestly i dont think this is anything like the grip bag, other than its a backpack. its more like a revolution dual pack. the discs are in the bottom with a frame, the storage is on top, zip open putter pocket, and the flap for the bottom compartment zips down to the bottom rather than up like on the grip.

im probably going to be selling mine (with the frame) if anyone is interested.
You have pics? I'm interested.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Birdie Member

Which bag is better: The regular Cabela or the deluxe Cabela? I see many of you having made mods to the regular.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
the deluxe will not work as well. I went to a local Cabela's store to check them both out. Somehow the regular one just has a perfect compartment, where the deluxe one does not.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 45
Has anyone looked at converting one of these? This is in the same family as the backpack. I think you could add D-rings for Quad-Straps right at the X.

My nearest Cabela's is several hundred miles away, so I'm not going to be able to check them out.....

Old 04-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
the deluxe will not work as well. I went to a local Cabela's store to check them both out. Somehow the regular one just has a perfect compartment, where the deluxe one does not.

I'm wondering if it will work without building a frame of pvc. I read on here I think where someone used a piece of memory foam in the bottom to get a memory of the discs so they wouldn't fall out.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryant View Post
I'm wondering if it will work without building a frame of pvc. I read on here I think where someone used a piece of memory foam in the bottom to get a memory of the discs so they wouldn't fall out.
One of the biggest advantages to building/using a frame is to bring some rigidity to the bottom of the bag so it doesn't fall over or fold in on itself if you have items in the upper compartment. You can certainly use the bag without a frame, but a frame really makes the bag solid when you're putting it down on uneven ground.