Old 07-12-2012, 02:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 172
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonespongpilot View Post
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051

did about 4 or 5 coats just tape off what you dont want rubberized from the overspray
Exactly what I did to mine a couple of months ago - working well.
Playing about 3 rounds a week, holding up niceley. Frame holds discs well, I've tucked the flap in under the discs - was just becoming a PIA. Discs not falling out at all. I've got 19 in the bottom (18 would fit a bit better) + two putters in the pocket. The dry pouch hold most 1 Liter water bottles pretty well. My only beef is I need to put a thin, stiff support on top of the PVC frame to support the upper compartment so it doesn't sag when I load it up - makes disc insertion/removal on the bottom a bit difficult.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
My only beef is I need to put a thin, stiff support on top of the PVC frame to support the upper compartment so it doesn't sag when I load it up - makes disc insertion/removal on the bottom a bit difficult.
While I've not motivated to actually start using this bag (have a Voodoo Mojo so the Cabelas is sitting in the garage untouched), I can see using those thin plastic cutting boards as a cheap and easy solution as the upper support for the cage/upper compartment.

Cut one to fit, put in a few holes and snake some zip ties through it, through or around the PVC frame, and boom! Instant lightweight support. Depending on how you anchor the zip ties to the plastic sheeting, probably pretty strong too. Just an idea...
Old 07-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 166
Bogey, what are you putting in the top section that makes it sag so much? I always have a pile of stuff in there but never had any need to support the upper section.

Side Note - I am sure you recall when we were playing Deer Lakes that guy was taking all those pictures? Well the magazine finally came out and he used this one. Of all the pictures he took there had to have been a better one. The Cabela's bag is featured much more than the course. LOL.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 20
I think the cutting board is a good idea. It may be easier and a tough lighter to just string some 1/4 in wide zip ties back and forth and kinda weave them together. Creating kinda a zip tie mesh of sorts for the stuff to sit on. Then you don't have to deal with cutting a cutting board to fit and drilling holes to attach it.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 8
Looks like I'm stuck in a waiting game until these go back down in price. I'm interested in modding one, but I don't NEED to. Like Um... I also use a Mojo and I love it. But while it's perfect for the disc space and organization I want, I think I'm too big (or too out of shape) to use it for all-day tournaments. By the end of two rounds, wiggling into the quads was becoming tiresome. Perhaps if I had a Karma the straps would be spaced out broader and easier for me to get in and out of. But the Karma is also more bag than I need.

So now it's come to trying out a backpack style to see if it is less fatigue. But I'm also not going to spend $200 on something that may or may not be a benefit. So I'm going to give this a try as soon as I can nab one for $50.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
Looks like I'm stuck in a waiting game until these go back down in price. I'm interested in modding one, but I don't NEED to. Like Um... I also use a Mojo and I love it. But while it's perfect for the disc space and organization I want, I think I'm too big (or too out of shape) to use it for all-day tournaments. By the end of two rounds, wiggling into the quads was becoming tiresome. Perhaps if I had a Karma the straps would be spaced out broader and easier for me to get in and out of. But the Karma is also more bag than I need.

So now it's come to trying out a backpack style to see if it is less fatigue. But I'm also not going to spend $200 on something that may or may not be a benefit. So I'm going to give this a try as soon as I can nab one for $50.
You should just by Um...'s. He's not using it.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tistoude View Post
You should just by Um...'s. He's not using it.
Hey if he doesn't want it, I'll buy it, lol.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
Hey if he doesn't want it, I'll buy it, lol.
This could be a very real possibility. I'll let you know if I decide to.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Too bad this one is so damn expensive, the possibilities are tempting:

Shimano Black Moon Medium Backpack

Old 07-13-2012, 08:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by tistoude View Post
Bogey, what are you putting in the top section that makes it sag so much? I always have a pile of stuff in there but never had any need to support the upper section.

Side Note - I am sure you recall when we were playing Deer Lakes that guy was taking all those pictures? Well the magazine finally came out and he used this one. Of all the pictures he took there had to have been a better one. The Cabela's bag is featured much more than the course. LOL.
Thanks for posting the link, (and even more for hosting me). I agree, great shot of your bag! With all the posing and posturing he had us do, you'd think the end product would have at least featured a fairway or something more specific to the course. Not a bad blurb on the cousre and the sport for 200 words or less.

Top sags when I put snacks, a lightweight jacket, or a few discs in it - not majorly, but enough to affect putting discs back.