Old 01-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 120
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankeye View Post
I will be messing around with this bag next weekend.

Is there some type of fabric spray that will make it water resistant?
I used this stuff ... 3 coats. I put a thin coat on ... let it dry ... then did it twice more. I've been playing in the snow for a couple weeks now and it is still bone dry inside.

love this bag
Old 01-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 40
Yeah I have some of that for the bottom but I was talking about the whole bag :-)
Old 01-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Birdie Member

The stuff I listed is pretty legit. Super high silicone content and no harmful aerosol spray, it's a pump. Multiple applications make it work better.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 40
I didn't even see your stuff Rogue. I was hoping to find something I didn't have to order though.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Birdie Member

If there is a store that sells high quality boots (Danner, White's etc.) and or repairs boots and leather ( in other words a cobbler) they may stock it. Otherwise you can find similar but lower quality products in the camping section of your local China product retail store (Walmart). :-)
Old 01-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Birdie Member

Cabela's Bag

Hell yeah...just picked up 2 on Friday for my son and I and we played two rounds on Sat and one on Sun. I love it without the internal frame but might put one together this week just to see. Thanks to everyone and all the great ideas for modifications.
Without any mods - 22 discs in the bottom - Banger GT/FLX Buzz/King in top pocket
Towels, cell phone, wallet, LED kits, duct tape, knife, sharpies, pencils, scorecards, misc food, & 4 Beers in the other pockets!!
On sale for $49.99 are you kidding me??

Great deal - thanks again guys!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYang View Post
I tried out this configuration and really liked getting the discs from the top rather than the bottom-front. I still wanted to have some storage space, so I made this--

So the discs are now sitting a bit higher. Since I hacked off the sunglasses holder, the top-front flap can be folded in.

Opening the bottom-front, you can store a few things: couple of water bottles, some extra towels, or even a small insulated lunch bag.

Yes, when you open the bottom, you will see the bottom of the discs. I didn't want the discs to sit too high, so I tried varying heights. This is what I settled on. Plus, the strip between the bottom and top openings help to hold in the discs.

One thing I did notice is that there's a slight bulge from the discs in the middle of the back. Nothing extreme; most of the weight is now there instead of the bottom. Also, I think with this setup you may lose a disc or two of capacity. Not sure. I've got 4 putters (not counting the two in the pocket), 4 mids, 4 fairways, and 4 drivers with room for one more driver.

I have yet to take it on course to give it a real go.

I like they way you did your config. It does add a little more variation to the bag.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 22
Man, I certainly hope that this bag being 'discontinued' means that they are modifying it and coming out with a new version, rather than just simply discontinuing it. From what I understand it's very popular, so I can't imagine it actually getting discontinued.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 PM

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 34
I found this thread in early December and started talking about my bag ideas with relatives. Well, too my surprise, I received one as a gift for Christmas but it's the XPG "X-TREME" model (the more expensive one) and the lower compartment seems smaller than the one that's mostly featured here, but I do like the additional smaller compartments. I did see some pictures of the "X-TREME" early on in the thread but no mod suggestions. Anybody else using this one? and if so what mods did you make to it and if you added PVC frame, what dimensions? Would I be better off exchanging it for the other model?

Thanks.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:22 PM

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 34
Dimensions?

Hey Yang,

What are those dimensions of the PVC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYang View Post
I tried out this configuration and really liked getting the discs from the top rather than the bottom-front. I still wanted to have some storage space, so I made this--

So the discs are now sitting a bit higher. Since I hacked off the sunglasses holder, the top-front flap can be folded in.

Opening the bottom-front, you can store a few things: couple of water bottles, some extra towels, or even a small insulated lunch bag.

Yes, when you open the bottom, you will see the bottom of the discs. I didn't want the discs to sit too high, so I tried varying heights. This is what I settled on. Plus, the strip between the bottom and top openings help to hold in the discs.

One thing I did notice is that there's a slight bulge from the discs in the middle of the back. Nothing extreme; most of the weight is now there instead of the bottom. Also, I think with this setup you may lose a disc or two of capacity. Not sure. I've got 4 putters (not counting the two in the pocket), 4 mids, 4 fairways, and 4 drivers with room for one more driver.

I have yet to take it on course to give it a real go.