Old 01-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
Guys. This isn't your first time on a forum. Stop feeding the troll. You'll derail the thread and it will get closed down for good. More restraint than testosterone would serve everyone well, here.
Agreed.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbuch View Post
No, I said that negative opinions are welcome if they are constructive. Something about it's durability in your experience, or a feature you've been unhappy with. But simply stating that it's "ugly" and that the putter falls out of the pocket (when in fact it doesn't) isn't really constructive at all. It's nothing more than trolling.

Should we all go into every equipment thread and talk about everything we don't like about products we haven't used? Let's be constructive.
No top pocket (which is key to the grip bag and what makes it great, makes it so you dont bend over all the time), terrible looking putter pocket, drink holder and eye glass thing. Overall it looks terrible srry. It doesnt look sleek, rather it looks like someones hair when they wake up in the morning. Plenty of opinions can be made from a picture and reading what the bag has and what it doesnt.

not saying it isnt functional. I mean its an upgrade from a trash bag, but saying its a viable option from a Grip bag . yawn.

Last edited by dukdukgolf; 01-25-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Par Member

They are probably made in the same factory anyway.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:21 PM

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 34
He's waiting for a response. Let it die. Those of us who like them, like them and we know why. That's all. It's a my bag is better than your bag syndrome. oh well. I'm happy with mine, seems most folks here are too, so good for us. Yay, now get off the computer and get out there and rip! Everyone!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 108
Got mine today and am pretty damn happy with it. I had put back the money to buy a Grip bag and just decided to pull the trigger on this one to save a few bucks.

Frame is built and ready to go in.

Also?

Old 01-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukdukgolf View Post
No top pocket (which is key to the grip bag and what makes it great, makes it so you dont bend over all the time), terrible looking putter pocket, drink holder and eye glass thing. Overall it looks terrible srry. It doesn't look sleek, rather it looks like someones hair when they wake up in the morning. Plenty of opinions can be made from a picture and reading what the bag has and what it doesnt.

not saying it isnt functional. I mean its an upgrade from a trash bag, but saying its a viable option from a Grip bag . yawn.
It's a fishing tackle bag, converted to hold discs. As a fisherman, I can use the four tackle boxes provided without removing my pvc frame, that's a huge plus.

Plus, being 6'4, the Grip doesn't hold near as much as I desire (extra towels, hoodie, food, snacks, drinks etc). It is a no brainer to me, considering it's dual purpose for me, and I see zero need to spend hundreds on dollars on a bag when I'm not anywhere around 1,000 rated. I'd rather spend that extra money on other things, and it's very comfortable to boot. If you don't like that looks that's fine, looks are a person-to-person quality trait.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:
I see zero need to spend hundreds on dollars on a bag when I'm not anywhere around 1,000 rated. I'd rather spend that extra money on other things, and it's very comfortable to boot. If you don't like that looks that's fine, looks are a person-to-person quality trait.
Agreed. I think this bag is an amazing value. If you go on Discaroo's "Gear" section tonight, you'll see a USED Revolution Backpack for $180.00. It's basically the same bag that's modded here.

Is it EXACTLY the same? No. The Revo bag is geared exclusively for disc golf.

Is it pretty damn close? Yes. The layout of the discs are in the same spot, as well as the storage. Plus, the modded bag actually looks a little more comfortable to wear.

Lastly, the USED Revo bag is also $130 more than the Cabela's bag. $115 more if you add the frame to the Cabela's bag.

I'm Michael J. Fox, and that's one to grow on.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCritters View Post
Agreed. I think this bag is an amazing value. If you go on Discaroo's "Gear" section tonight, you'll see a USED Revolution Backpack for $180.00. It's basically the same bag that's modded here.
Upon further investigation, it looks like that bag on Discaroo is actually a used (ripped) Grip bag for $180.

Still...
Old 02-04-2013, 10:39 PM

Apparently, I'm the thread killer here.

Anyway, here's what mine looked like about an hour after I got it. I've made a few adjustments (towel is in the top compartment now), but basically the same bag.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCritters View Post
Apparently, I'm the thread killer here.

Anyway, here's what mine looked like about an hour after I got it. I've made a few adjustments (towel is in the top compartment now), but basically the same bag.

Nah, you're not a thread killer. I am.