Old 09-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
I got my bag a couple days ago and I have to say that I am glad I got this before I was able to buy the grip eq bag.

I have 18 discs (11 drivers, 5 mids, 2 putters) in the bottom and two putters in the top with room to spare. I also have an umbrella on the side or I could put my small camp time stool. For not being a disc golf designed bag, this bag fits everything nicely without really having to make any special modifications to it. The only real downside is that there is only one drink holder. This is not a real big deal though because there is enough room in the bag to put another water bottle somewhere else. A few things I might do to modify the bag are put safety pins to stop the zippers like in the OP, build an internal frame for the discs and maybe put some kind of divider in the top compartment to separate my stuff in the top. The bag feels great on my shoulders (my old bag pulled on my shoulders a lot and caused my shoulders to hurt near the end of the round). I will test it tomorrow to see how I feel after a round or two of using it.

Overall this bag seems like an excellent replacement for the grip bag. I can't wait to go out tomorrow and see how well it works in the field.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0377.jpg (148.6 KB, 1120 views)
Sponsored Links

Last edited by LtDan914; 09-30-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:45 PM

Bought one of these online last night. Hope it doesn't disappoint. Still good thoughts from everyone who has one?!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:21 PM

Someon earlier in the thread posted it might be a bit narrow for a wide shoulder person..that definately would be me....any big framed folks who bought this can back that up for me?
Old 10-02-2011, 10:08 PM

Safety pins are a must! After putting those on the bag it works so well that I almost don't need to do any further modding to it.
I still plan on making a pvc frame for the bottom, but how does it work with the sleeves in the bottom like you have in the picture LtDan?
One suggestion to anyone who does have the bag, the zippered flap that splits the top and bottom area has space in a few of the corners that doesn't seal the sections apart completely. So I wouldnt recommend putting small objects like keys or pencils in there or they might fall out the bottom during a round, but things like baseballs, wallets, gatorades etc work fine!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durden View Post
but how does it work with the sleeves in the bottom like you have in the picture LtDan?
I actually don't have any sleeves in mine. You probably saw the rim of my axis and thought it was a sleeve

I actually went ahead and built a frame for my bag because I did not like when the discs would fall over and it seemed to cause the bag to lose some stability. The frame works great and was very cheap and easy to make. I played a round with it today and it felt perfect on my back and my shoulders. One final thing I might do though is cut a piece of stiff cardboard or something to put on top of the frame. This way the stuff in the top compartment does not sag down on top of the discs.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0430.jpg (129.1 KB, 1051 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0431.jpg (109.4 KB, 1030 views)
Old 10-06-2011, 01:25 PM

Can't find any 3 way slip corners for the PVC frame, have to use the ones with threads for one corner I guess. Maybe I'll use the threaded ugly part for the sides.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinck2 View Post
Bought one of these online last night. Hope it doesn't disappoint. Still good thoughts from everyone who has one?!
Its a great bag. I ordered mine a few days after the OP, and I love it. Definitely the most comfortable bag I have carried. None of the shoulder strain/pull that I got from my GB kong and silverback. Probably have carried it for at least 60 rounds now and not a single complaint, I LOVE IT!!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Bogey Member

Damn, I'd love to see one of these up close.. Anyone have a Revo backpack they can do a side by side with?
Old 10-07-2011, 12:20 PM

I can do a side by side picture session when I play with some guys who have a grip this weekend or sometime next week. Having already done a quick comparison between the two I can say they are fairly comparable but you need to make a frame for this one, there is only one drink holder and it's not easily accessible while the bag is on your back (camelback bladder in top section would fix this tho and the drink holder is insulated fwiw), and it doesn't look as clean and sleek. Hoping to get a patch or two at my first tourny this weekend, then I can show off mine in style! Haha

Old 10-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 72
I'll see LtDan next weekend. If no one else puts one up, we will do a side by side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM View Post
Damn, I'd love to see one of these up close.. Anyone have a Revo backpack they can do a side by side with?