Old 07-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 40
I think I will just have to slow down my runup and make sure my palm is facing a little down when I release.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Just noticed I was doing this a bit today with my new Ibex. I am curious if the OP here feels like chiming in and letting me know if just slowing down helped, or if some serious field work is in order. Thanks. It was getting in my head a lot this morning.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankeye View Post
I have noticed that I am more likely to roll my wrist with my buzzz and not with my wasps or hornets.
That definitely sounds like some discs are masking it, if the overstable ones aren't showing the effects.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
i think the problem is flicking with a buzz. i can flick well and would not dream of flicking a buzz. I dont do it with anything less than hornet to go straight. if your going to put it on way more of hyzer and snap that b*
flicks require stable disc
Old 10-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 22
use a bowler's wrist brace to practice.. it will stop you from flipping wrist see if thats the real culprit.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 39
Buzzz's actually flick pretty well, and people that say you need an overstable disc to throw a flick have bad form. If I throw it smooth I can throw a hyzer flip with no turnover with a frickin beat star sidewinder to about 300 feet.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Buzzz forehand

It sure took me a long time to really figure them it out, but now I love flicking my buzzzes. Very smooth and reliable 325+ feet in what is essentially a straight line off of a one-step. It'll hold either an anny or hyzer line, though I have to sacrifice a fair amount of distance if I want it to stray too far from center.
I can tell you that I used to need overstable discs when I began playing forehand. I would throw fast, overstable discs with a big wrist roll. It wasn't very reliable, but I was skirting 400ft on flat ground when I truly got a hold of it. However a series of shoulder injuries has kept me from throwing backhand at all which forced me to learn to throw true turnover shots on my forehand. Thanks to forums like this one, a few instructional vids, and a ton of field work, I am happy to say that I've finally replicated and surpassed the versatility of my old backhand.
For me, the biggest breakthrough actually came when I started throwing much softer, concentrating on the snap, release angle, and follow through, and when I ditched everything too fast to flip. The distance decrease was frustrating for a long time, but now I'm throwing farther than ever, and with probably 1/3 the body stress.
My advice mirrors one of the posters above: go to a field and throw a thousand hyzer-bombs with no run-up until that release angle is MORE comfortable than your old one. Then figure out how to make them come off flat.
Good luck!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 16
Glad I don't have these kind of problem. Go out to a field and practice throwing your buzzz straight over and over
Old 10-21-2012, 01:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawanda37 View Post
It sure took me a long time to really figure them it out, but now I love flicking my buzzzes. Very smooth and reliable 325+ feet in what is essentially a straight line off of a one-step. It'll hold either an anny or hyzer line, though I have to sacrifice a fair amount of distance if I want it to stray too far from center.
I can tell you that I used to need overstable discs when I began playing forehand. I would throw fast, overstable discs with a big wrist roll. It wasn't very reliable, but I was skirting 400ft on flat ground when I truly got a hold of it. However a series of shoulder injuries has kept me from throwing backhand at all which forced me to learn to throw true turnover shots on my forehand. Thanks to forums like this one, a few instructional vids, and a ton of field work, I am happy to say that I've finally replicated and surpassed the versatility of my old backhand.
For me, the biggest breakthrough actually came when I started throwing much softer, concentrating on the snap, release angle, and follow through, and when I ditched everything too fast to flip. The distance decrease was frustrating for a long time, but now I'm throwing farther than ever, and with probably 1/3 the body stress.
My advice mirrors one of the posters above: go to a field and throw a thousand hyzer-bombs with no run-up until that release angle is MORE comfortable than your old one. Then figure out how to make them come off flat.
Good luck!
Excellent first post!

Old 10-21-2012, 02:15 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 21
Speed stability vs. mold stability.

Some reading on the subject HERE.

Mids are showing your form issues more so than drivers because they fly within your power range. Nose up may or may not be involved, I would have to watch you throw to tell you that.