Disc Golf Store
Old 08-13-2013, 06:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
rolling your wrist, pulling your disc durring follow through, or just throwing too hard!

slow it down, find a speed that you can throw it straight, then slowly start throwing it harder as you get that release point down.. eventually you will be able to throw it hard and straight at the same time.

If your throwing it too hard, your not going to get a straight release.
This. The Axis is nose angle sensitive and will punish bad form. Keep practicing and you will see positive results!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:51 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 103
Have had a FR sitting around for a while I think im going to put in the bag. The alias wasn't quite for me and miss the faster profile of this disc. I have carried one mid for a good 6 months only and am finding myself coming back to my favorite mid since throwing a buzzz when I started playing.

Axis, welcome back to the bag. With all the new MVP discs you were collecting dust but like the Ion you are one of the best discs they have made yet. Missed you.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 60
Axis pairs nice with the envy because they are both fast for their class. For anything under that I throw a BH fan grip with a putter or zone flick.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 53
I had a splash down with my go to E Axis like 2 months ago, and didn't replace it until recently. During that stretch, I worked a lot with the Tangent for the first time. Now I've got a fresh E Axis that needs to break in, and I'm used to throwing the Tangent, and I'm all discombobulated. Crazy how differently you have to throw those two to get them to do their thing. The Tangent is like a putter's big brother, and the Axis is like a sensitive driver's young cousin.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:49 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 103
yeah my ion/tangent will still take majority of these "mid-range" shots but I miss the axis for some more fairway-ish duties at 300'+ and into some wind etc. basically like crave vs volt for me.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:56 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
If I could only carry one mid it would be the Axis. Such a great disc for me. Minimal bag would be: Envy-Axis-Volt. Could cover a lot of ground with these three molds
Old 06-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

If I can get to where I can consistently get the Axis to 300, I'll likely drop the Servo class altogether, aside maybe from the Switch, which is turning into a crazy trick-shot master for me.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:53 AM
Bogey Member

Figured I'd chime in about the Axis. It's definitely one of my favorite discs. I have a 176g proton axis and I love the thing. Usually I can get it to fly like a laser for me with just a slight fade at the end. Almost had my first ace with the Axis a few days ago. 240' to the basket that hit the chains and fell out.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
I had a couple of sick 200'+ approach shots with my Axis today. I'm falling in love with the disc all over again.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Thanks to a trade w/ bfowler, I've got something I've never messed with, a beat up N Axis, not sure of the wt. but it feel less than max. Totally different animal than a max wt. E Axis, which is my usual. I love it, get some late turn out of it, it's more trustworthy not to fade out powered down/standstill. I can get that high/drop pretty srtaight floaty shot going on with it. I'm thinking that, as much as I like the Tangent, I may be able to cover mid shots with 2 Axises (Axese? Axi?) and an Envy.