Old 09-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Par Member

So how coordinated is the release of these discs to stores? Will the larger brick and mortar stores have these for sale on the 16th?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2011, 02:42 PM
.:MVP Company Rep:.

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
So how coordinated is the release of these discs to stores? Will the larger brick and mortar stores have these for sale on the 16th?
We began preorders for the Axis on September 2nd. All the accumulated orders since then have been filled and are being shipped today. This means all stores and retailers who ordered are having their shipments mailed today. From there, it all depends on when the retailers are able to list/sell them.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Par Member

Right on! I can't freakin' wait.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 26
Awesome vid Mike, thanks for posting. They look like they can handle some snap, i cant wait to get one
Old 09-12-2011, 05:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 42
Looks like Ill wait to try out the ion when SunKing also has the Axis in stock so I can give them both a shot. Awesome.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedly View Post
It almost looks like you're hyzer flipping the Axis in the first field video. Is that right? Does it have just a little bit of turn?
I release everything with a bit of hyzer usually, makes the shot more predictable. These things tend to want to just go straight. If I throw it anhyzer it will hold a right turn, but I wouldn't classify the Axis as a turnover mid. Flat release + 400' power + OAT will make it turn, but a clean rip with 400' of power and a tiny bit of hyzer will make it sail dead straight and glide out quite far.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 28
I have yet to check anything from MVP out but I'd like to. Discs are a bit spendy.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I release everything with a bit of hyzer usually, makes the shot more predictable. These things tend to want to just go straight. If I throw it anhyzer it will hold a right turn, but I wouldn't classify the Axis as a turnover mid. Flat release + 400' power + OAT will make it turn, but a clean rip with 400' of power and a tiny bit of hyzer will make it sail dead straight and glide out quite far.

Sounds be-yoot-iful! Just put the Axis and Vector on my bday list . Gonna use bday money to pick up a couple more Ions as well.

MVP has just gotten a loyal customer in me

Can't wait for some fairway drivers!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:47 PM
* Ace Member *

I just got back from my first field throws with my new Axes...Like Mike C, I have an orange 180 and a green/yellow 179. There were a lot of people at the park so I got a bunch of random throws in terms of distance and wind direction. The winds were variable at about 5-10mph.

The discs were very neutral. Both are a bit heavier than my preferred mid weight range, but that didn't seem to affect my results much other than on shorter touch throws. On midrange distance throws (280-340') the Axes I tested had little if any high speed turn and a late gliding fade. On my first few throws it seemed I was adding a touch of hyzer and the discs were not turning any and fading out gently...After I warmed up a bit I was releasing shots flat or with a very slight amount of anhyzer and I was getting long gentle S curves. Finally after a couple dozen throws I started getting some really long frozen ropes.

There are only a few discs that I can really compare the Axis to...So few discs are really this neutral. The QMS is probably the closest thing out there, though the Axis is a little faster and drops a little slower. The Buzzz is the other obvious comparison, but the Axis feels much more like a mid than the Buzzz does. It flies low like the Buzzz, but drops when it slows more than the Buzzz (but less than Roc or Comet). So it probably has less line driver distance potential than the Buzzz, but more overall distance potential if given more height. It feels a little glidier than the MD2/Coyote/Mako family of discs and turns more gradually.

I'll be testing these extensively on the course in the coming days. My first impression is that this disc is going to be exactly in the middle ground between my Fuse and Vector stability wise.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I just got back from my first field throws with my new Axes...Like Mike C, I have an orange 180 and a green/yellow 179. There were a lot of people at the park so I got a bunch of random throws in terms of distance and wind direction. The winds were variable at about 5-10mph.

The discs were very neutral. Both are a bit heavier than my preferred mid weight range, but that didn't seem to affect my results much other than on shorter touch throws. On midrange distance throws (280-340') the Axes I tested had little if any high speed turn and a late gliding fade. On my first few throws it seemed I was adding a touch of hyzer and the discs were not turning any and fading out gently...After I warmed up a bit I was releasing shots flat or with a very slight amount of anhyzer and I was getting long gentle S curves. Finally after a couple dozen throws I started getting some really long frozen ropes.

There are only a few discs that I can really compare the Axis to...So few discs are really this neutral. The QMS is probably the closest thing out there, though the Axis is a little faster and drops a little slower. The Buzzz is the other obvious comparison, but the Axis feels much more like a mid than the Buzzz does. It flies low like the Buzzz, but drops when it slows more than the Buzzz (but less than Roc or Comet). So it probably has less line driver distance potential than the Buzzz, but more overall distance potential if given more height. It feels a little glidier than the MD2/Coyote/Mako family of discs and turns more gradually.

I'll be testing these extensively on the course in the coming days. My first impression is that this disc is going to be exactly in the middle ground between my Fuse and Vector stability wise.
So do you think you will carry all 3? Still haven't pulled the trigger on a Vector as I don't think I will need it.