Disc Golf Store
Old 09-27-2011, 07:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for a lighter Axis to put it against some other molds. Going to have a Core in my regular weight to go against the heavier Axis and the heavier Axis might still win out from what I saw this last weekend. Haven't thrown a Core for a while though.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2011, 09:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for a lighter Axis to put it against some other molds. Going to have a Core in my regular weight to go against the heavier Axis and the heavier Axis might still win out from what I saw this last weekend. Haven't thrown a Core for a while though.
I'm with ya. I want to try one but at those weights I need to hit the gym first! The two Ibex testers I got both scaled at 181 & it feels like I'm throwing a brick
Old 09-27-2011, 01:00 PM

Courses Played: 8
Played two rounds this morning with just using my Axis and an Ion. Love the Axis so far, I was throwing a Crystal Z Buzzz before but the Axis is straighter with less fade for me and seems more consistent. Pretty much about the same distance but the Axis can get there on a lower line then the Buzzz. Came pretty close to hitting an ace on a big hyzer over trees on a 280ft hole.

I think the Vector/Axis/Fuse combo will be perfect unless MVP comes out with an understable Mid.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:29 PM

Brand new to the forum, but this thread convinced me to order an axis from discgolfcenter. I'm excited to give it a shot.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmv View Post
Brand new to the forum, but this thread convinced me to order an axis from discgolfcenter. I'm excited to give it a shot.
Welcome to DGCR.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Welcome, and now do the right thing and also join DGR. =)
Old 09-27-2011, 02:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by curveball4 View Post
I'm with ya. I want to try one but at those weights I need to hit the gym first! The two Ibex testers I got both scaled at 181 & it feels like I'm throwing a brick
Thats what I was expecting the 179 Axis to feel like, but it really didn't. Feels pretty good actually and there is a good chance the heavy sticks around even after acquiring some lighter ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschook5 View Post
Played two rounds this morning with just using my Axis and an Ion. Love the Axis so far, I was throwing a Crystal Z Buzzz before but the Axis is straighter with less fade for me and seems more consistent. Pretty much about the same distance but the Axis can get there on a lower line then the Buzzz. Came pretty close to hitting an ace on a big hyzer over trees on a 280ft hole.

I think the Vector/Axis/Fuse combo will be perfect unless MVP comes out with an understable Mid.
If they are going to do the understable mid, I would love to know about it. I already intend to let go of my heavier Opto Fuses as the Axis takes care of what they were doing, but I would rather not use that to build up my GL Fuses stock if I think MVP might get them a push out of the bag.

I am a fan of the overmolding and a believer in what it does for the weight distribution. I am also a fan at was appears to be a complete lack of seem on the plastic; let alone flash; which seems to make these discs good to go out of the box. That being said; unseating my Fuse would be a hell of a task as it is the ultimate touch disc IMO.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubuttib View Post
Welcome, and now do the right thing and also join DGR. =)
Will do, thanks for the tip
Old 09-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 26
Welcome aboard, ... You're gonna love that axis

Old 09-27-2011, 02:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Man the Axis holds a long, gradual, and low anhyzer like nobody's business...I parked a hole today that I used to either throw a driver on or accept a 30-40' putt after using my Fuse/Buzzz. The Axis just holds it's altitude so well when flying turned over, and it never fades out of it.

I also put my broken in Vector back in the bag because the Axis doesn't overlap with it at all.