Old 02-27-2012, 06:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
I am sure I will get nailed for this, but this is kind of how I feel about all MVP discs. They work well and look great, but the level of fandom on these boards has reached a hyperbolic level. MVP is like the Jeremy Lin of disc golf right now.
I tend to agree. They're nice discs and the new manufacturing method is exciting, but they're not magical. Hopefully MVP will keep expanding their catalog and come out with some truly groundbreaking molds.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshEpoo View Post
I tend to agree. They're nice discs and the new manufacturing method is exciting, but they're not magical. Hopefully MVP will keep expanding their catalog and come out with some truly groundbreaking molds.
Kind of impossible since Innova has every mold imaginable.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 66
Gyrrrrrooooooosss

I'm still waiting to see what an MVP driver will look like. It seems like there is probably untapped potential in the overmolding method, perhaps using different materials.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 28
A fairway driver and a headwind driver. Give me those and I am happy from MVP.. Getting off topic, back on the axis. The axis will most likely not make anything. The mako and vector have taken mid-range duties in my little bag and the big one is under major construction (2 year project) I'm predicting. If the axis is different then the Buzzz and feels great in my hand then I will be willing to replace one of the 2 Roc's I was planning on holding. It will most likely be my driving/mid-range disc for night golf along with the Ion!
Old 02-27-2012, 07:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I am sure I will get nailed for this, but this is kind of how I feel about all MVP discs. They work well and look great, but the level of fandom on these boards has reached a hyperbolic level. MVP is like the Jeremy Lin of disc golf right now.

i love mvp but i totally agree
Old 02-27-2012, 08:30 PM
* Ace Member *

I know that I have personal ties with MVP, but that being said they are just so much cooler as people and as a company than anything else in disc golf that I'm familiar with. They read everything on these boards and are obsessive about everything they make. So I think the support they are getting on the boards is because they make great discs and are an awesome new company that is more accessible to us than any other as well.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I know that I have personal ties with MVP, but that being said they are just so much cooler as people and as a company than anything else in disc golf that I'm familiar with. They read everything on these boards and are obsessive about everything they make. So I think the support they are getting on the boards is because they make great discs and are an awesome new company that is more accessible to us than any other as well.
This is very true. Even before they offered me to be on the testing team they would answer any questions I had and whatnot. Great customer service. Probably the best out of any disc manufacturers there is!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 75
Quote:
I had the most horrible mid-game imaginable. Driver. Putter. No mids felt right in my hand, and I never threw them. I tried Rocs, Buzzzes, Fuses....

My MVP mids are now my saving grace. I'm not a huge fan of the Ion, but their mids are my best weapons. I have a few other players that have put them in their bags after throwing mine as well.

The gimmick isn't what sold me, it's how they feel in my hand.

I'm getting kinda excited just talking about throwing them now.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefstang View Post
I'm not a huge fan of the Ion.
Yeah. I have to say the Anode and Vector are being used so much. The anode owns the Ion in every way. I'm about ready to take the Ion out of the small bag I own.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 42
A certain Will Schusterick may or may not have told me how great he thought the Vector was during his 1077 GCC round I played with him.