Old 03-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Birdie Member

So I got a vector a few weeks ago and was super impressed. I was skeptical at first because of how much I loved my wasp. I know this is an axis thread... And I just wanna know why I should pick one up. I have 3 buzzes that are seasoned to be right where I want them at the moment. What is an axis really good at? Especially compared to a year-old Buzzz that I love like it was my child. (basically this is me really wanting to try an axis but just looking for some outside influence to help ease the buyers anxiety.) thanks in advance!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 42
I hate to be the bearer of good/bad news but in my case the Axis was an immediate replacement for my beat and new buzzzes (of which I kept 4 in my bag at any given time). After a week or two I wasn't pulling the Buzzzes out to throw at all and eventually I made the heartbreaking decision to shelve them for a long time.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Axis flies just like a Buzzz. But until they make some opaques, I will keep throwing Buzzz.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcr_russell View Post
I hate to be the bearer of good/bad news but in my case the Axis was an immediate replacement for my beat and new buzzzes (of which I kept 4 in my bag at any given time). After a week or two I wasn't pulling the Buzzzes out to throw at all and eventually I made the heartbreaking decision to shelve them for a long time.
This^ almost exactly. The only difference is that I had 3 instead of 4 buzzzes in my bag at any one time. My mid lineup is Vector, FR Orange Axis, FR Green Axis, fuse. My new understable eclipse may or may not take the place of my fuse.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Birdie Member

I was afraid of/maybe hoping for that. I doubt I'll ever be without a Buzzz, but I gotta try an axis. Gotta.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 42
I definitely felt like I cheated on my buzzzes. But dang... The Axis is a nice disc.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.3
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongoff09 View Post
This^ almost exactly. The only difference is that I had 3 instead of 4 buzzzes in my bag at any one time. My mid lineup is Vector, FR Orange Axis, FR Green Axis, fuse. My new understable eclipse may or may not take the place of my fuse.

You carry close to what I do....or used to. Nebula, FR Orange Axis, FR Green Axis and an Opto Fuse. Neb got switched out for a GL Pain and both Axis got a rest while I tested out others. may put them back in soon.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Birdie Member

When I first decided to try a vector it was after I had experience with an ion and didn't like it. The plastic was too slick for me and for shots that require touch and feel like obviously putting and approaching I couldn't get past it. But for midranges I felt like it would be different and I was right, I don't mind it. I like it actually. And plastic was my only reason for not trying one sooner. So I'm thinking I don't really have a choice at this point. Probably should get one ordered or try to pick one up on a trade. Thanks guys!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 31
I got a FR green axis in the PIF thread and I am in love. Almost no turn and no fade. Even when I release with too much hyzer, it still goes dead strait and doesn't fade. Amazing disc.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBill View Post
I got a FR green axis in the PIF thread and I am in love. Almost no turn and no fade. Even when I release with too much hyzer, it still goes dead strait and doesn't fade. Amazing disc.
Thanks for searching and not starting a new thread