Disc Golf Store
Old 07-29-2011, 02:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
I dreamed that someone started a post about DG dreams...wait, that really happened...
Old 07-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 12
LOL...I dreamed that someone dreamed about being awake...and posting the same thing!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.2
Courses Played: 85
Ok, even though this thread probably should be prerubed, I'll play!

I had a dream once that someone had taken an old abandoned school, and turned it into an indoor disc golf course. Playing it was a blast. The hallways were turned into fairways, etc.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrembo View Post
Ok, even though this thread probably should be prerubed, I'll play!

I had a dream once that someone had taken an old abandoned school, and turned it into an indoor disc golf course. Playing it was a blast. The hallways were turned into fairways, etc.
That's pretty cool, actually.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skankin77 View Post
I dreamed about found a bar stamp buzzz at my course and dreamed about getting a HUGE package from my SS..lmao
I thought I was the only one that dreamed about getting a huge package
Old 07-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 2
I have dreamed of having a dg shop...
Old 07-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 51
I had dreams of making indoor disc golf for a few years now. An old school would be cool, but I was thinking more like a parking deck, with several levels. Probably some astroturf, sand, a few of the modular koi ponds you see at home depot, and maybe some fans or mist sprayers or a fog machine.
Also, it would have the black lights, strobes, Tiki torches, and LEDs for cosmic disc at night.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsplayname View Post
I had dreams of making indoor disc golf for a few years now. An old school would be cool, but I was thinking more like a parking deck, with several levels. Probably some astroturf, sand, a few of the modular koi ponds you see at home depot, and maybe some fans or mist sprayers or a fog machine.
Also, it would have the black lights, strobes, Tiki torches, and LEDs for cosmic disc at night.
I would buy SEASON PASSES to that sucker...you could do rebound shots around corners...ala Putt Putt...that would be cool.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 128
Throwing Style: RHFH
I recently had a disc golf dream/nightmare. In my dream, there was a local, privately owned course, which began in the late 1990s and was one of the best courses anywhere. It went RIP in 2012 because of a divorce and the sale of the land to a residential developer. (That’s almost enough of a nightmare!)

The developer decided to drain a large pond; the course had 2 holes with significant pond carries and 2 other holes where the edges of the pond came into play. As I knew the developer, I followed the pond’s drainage and obtained permission to recover whatever discs might be exposed. About 3 weeks after it was drained, the bottom muck dried out enough to walk on. I got out there a Sunday morning and had my mind blown! There were thousands of discs exposed. I spent all day retrieving discs and easily filled the trunk and interior of my car with over a 1000 dirty discs.

Now the real nightmare began. I spent almost a week of cleaning them and started building a database of names/numbers/etc. of those that initially submerged these things. It ranged from many of the touring pros to the local first-time chukkers; players came from all over the country. Discs also ranged from really old DX plastic that had been submerged for over a decade to the really new plastic. Those with no names were designated as donations to newbies or sold to Play-It-Again Sports.

As a responsible disc golfer, I was going to try to return these finds where possible. Massive logistical headaches followed. Local players were easy to reach, most were either grateful or not really interested in getting long-lost relics back. For the others living all over the country, it was extremely frustrating and TIME CONSUMING (read many months) in making contacts (e.g., phone numbers no longer valid). When I actually reached the owner, the reaction was almost always are you kidding me—FXXX off. Few if any were actually interested in arranging getting their old disc back.

In my dream, I made a mistake in trying to recover and return thousands of lost discs. If I had to do it again, I probably would have allowed the plastic just to be buried in the new housing development and then be amazed when kids decades from now discovered a FOSSIL disc.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 33
I had a dream I bought a mystery box. When it arrived it had a bunch of discs but normal stuff, Boss's Destroyers, Rocs but nothing especially interesting. I got to the last disc and it was a 10/10 Opto Stiletto. I was excited to see some sweet swedish plastic but also worried thinking man I cant throw this thing, Ive seen the DD vids and read the reviews already. This thing is a monster meathook! Oh well.