Old 09-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
FADE Crunch wear and tear?

I have had my fade crunch box (bag?) for about 1 year 9 months. I play rougher, more wooded courses more often than grass ones. I am noticing some non-promising wear and tear in a couple of parts of my bag. Please let me know if you have experienced any of these:

1. The putter pocket. A hole has worn through right in the middle on the bottom, where the disc touches the fabric the most.

2. The big pocket. A hole hasn't worn yet, but it is evident that weakness is forming at the bottom, and its almost kind of see-through. Actually, a tiny pokey-stabbey hole is there, but it may be self inflicted. Either way there is still some obvious fabric fatigue.

3. The main bag zipper. The fabric has detached from part of the zipper, and now you can't zip it up without sitting there and carefully aligning the fabric with the zipper part.

Anyone else having any of these problems? Other problems? Don't these bags have a pretty serious warranty? I would post pictures, but alas, I am not by my bag right now. Thanks for the input.

Last edited by Danger; 09-10-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.6
My fade tourney; at least 800 rounds,200 courses,7 states, rain sleet and snow, rocky wooded and muddy, and still in great condition! (2years old)
My fade crunch; 3 rounds, strap ripped off, hole in the bottom, WTF! Im sending it back with a bag of dog poo in the pocket. (1week old)
Old 09-10-2011, 10:29 PM
International Hair Champion

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 73
About a year with mine,the larger pocket has ripped almost all the way through,and the actual bottom of the bag is in rough shape,but I have a silverback coming in the next couple weeks,so it has served its purpose.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 33
What do you expect for $25? I wore mine out in a year and a half or two years. The strap usually goes first. Want something durable get a revolution, but you might pay 5 times as much for it.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

^I expect them to sell what they advertise.

Quote:
You can search, but you won't find another bag with a feature list like this one at this price. We have a crew of Howler Monkeys that test our bags harder than you'll ever use it. We've thrown it at trees, down hills, run over it with cars, slammed it in the baskets, and drug it through mud.

Notice the side pockets.We raised them up, away from the bag bottom so they don't drag on the ground and wear around the edges like other bags. Plus, we added some of those tiny little feet that really work well on a bag this size. They keep the bag upright (most of the time) because its no fun when your bag falls over.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
^I expect them to sell what they advertise.
After investigation it was found fade actually used spider monkeys, not howler monkeys.

... Liars.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

lol bastards!

It's just that they imply that this bag is specifically made to be one that you can beat up, and in all reality, Innova's comparable product has lasted my friends longer than my Crunch box has lasted me. I love the bag itself, I just wish it wasn't dying.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
I have had my fade crunch box (bag?) for about 1 year 9 months. I play rougher, more wooded courses more often than grass ones. I am noticing some non-promising wear and tear in a couple of parts of my bag. Please let me know if you have experienced any of these:

1. The putter pocket. A hole has worn through right in the middle on the bottom, where the disc touches the fabric the most.

2. The big pocket. A hole hasn't worn yet, but it is evident that weakness is forming at the bottom, and its almost kind of see-through. Actually, a tiny pokey-stabbey hole is there, but it may be self inflicted. Either way there is still some obvious fabric fatigue.

3. The main bag zipper. The fabric has detached from part of the zipper, and now you can't zip it up without sitting there and carefully aligning the fabric with the zipper part.

Anyone else having any of these problems? Other problems? Don't these bags have a pretty serious warranty? I would post pictures, but alas, I am not by my bag right now. Thanks for the input.
1. I have a 2" hole where my putters rub against the fabric on the ground. Nothing major, but it is getting worse.

2. Huge hole in the bottom of my big pocket. The pocket actually tore away from the rest of the bag. Huge potential for things to get lost. I need to either sew this up or get a new bag. Major bummer.

3. No issues with any zippers yet. Let's hope this holds up....

Love the bag, hate the problems.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 34
loved the bag as well (fade tourney though) and ended up running into the same problems

having a stool to keep the bag off the ground helps out with a lot of these wear problems on the bottom of the bag, but really, because of the strength of the fabric and stitching, it does happen.

upgraded to gorilla boy (Kong) and wowy, mmm mmm deeeeeelicious.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:29 PM

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 20
Send a message via MSN to TheRicker
box (bag)?

I have had mine for 4 summers now and it just started failing this year. The material seems to be wearing thinner, and a foot got lost. The biggest issue is the drink holder is ripping off. Over all I think it was worth the money for the bag and will probably be buying another for next year.