Old 09-14-2013, 12:13 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHFH
Best disc purchase

I know there are several debates out there over what's the best mold/brand etc. this is not on of those. This also isn't "I got a steal" on this disc article. It's what one disc currently in your bag was the best pick up and why.
For example:
Mine is a super soft vibram obex. It has shaved some strokes off my game. Not because of the flight pattern is different but because it sticks where it hits. I picked one up after a tournament in which a roll cost me major. I threw my second shot up (ti buzzz) up and see it hits just right of basket. I'm thrilled this hole has killed me in casual play. So I put my head down to sort my bag and I hear "oh no". This means a player has either found a snake or I shouldn't look up. Well I look up to see my disc rolling. And back right. Up a small incline and keeps rolling. There is an ob creek about 25-30 feet right of basket. And my disc is rolling slightly uphill to it. It then stops at the end and flips over and down into the creek. My par has now gone and I'm throwing 4. I am now mentally off and miss my putt and take a 5. Earlier in the tourney I had a missed putt that sailed over the basket and rolled 50 foot down a hill after hitting. After those two holes I placed an order for the soft obex. I use it on any shot where a roll away is high risk. I see it almost once a round where it happens to a player. So I feel like it may be my best pick up for my bag. And even though I do like vibram I only have two of 20 in my bag are vibram.

Last edited by texhop58; 09-14-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:34 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
For me, its my Neutron Volt. Got it when it first came out and it is just so handy. While I love all my discs, that Volt is the one I know is going to work for me. Tons of trees with no clear window? No problem. My Volt is coated in magic tree-repellant which allows it to weave right through all that. 325 foot flat shot? No worries...a touch of hyzer and Ill be parked.

There are discs I use more, but I very rarely have a bad shot with the Volt!
Old 09-14-2013, 12:38 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 107

Untitled by timj5304, on Flickr

The infamous 11x bagged kc pro teebird 174g that I purchased on ebay in March 2013 for 20+3 for shipping. I sold it for 180 shipped last month with a net profit of 154 bucks. Easiest purchase I ever made. I missed some other cheap CE discs the same collector posted and was lucky enough to hit buy it now before others did.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
For me, its my Neutron Volt. Got it when it first came out and it is just so handy. While I love all my discs, that Volt is the one I know is going to work for me. Tons of trees with no clear window? No problem. My Volt is coated in magic tree-repellant which allows it to weave right through all that. 325 foot flat shot? No worries...a touch of hyzer and Ill be parked.

There are discs I use more, but I very rarely have a bad shot with the Volt!
I feel the same way!
Old 09-14-2013, 12:47 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 14
My pink ESP Buzzz. I've been playing for only a bit now and went driver crazy not realizing how important a great mid would be. It has saved me so many strokes it is plain sick.

Also I agree with Andy JB, my neutron volt would be my second choice because it is by far my best driver.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:53 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 33
Panther

My 166 champ panther, neon pink. A pink panther. I picked it up used at my local PIAS based on the feel of the plastic. I have never held such a strangely different gummy disc and it intrigued me.
It has been my go-to woods approach disc for almost two years, carving lines and hitting tight gaps like nothing. Does everything from spike hyzers to sharp annys and extreme hyzer flips. I've even made some crazy putts with it. I have other discs that hit certain lines better, but if there's a tight gap or a crazy line and wind is not a factor, the pink panther comes in for the win.

It's lightly taco'd, but I'm not worried about it since it still flies like a dream.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 70
Underworld, hands down. As a strict RHBH thrower, it opened up a ton of lines for me.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:05 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
I would have to say the judge or the verdict. Ever since I started putting with judges I have been on fire and am hitting longer putts way more often than with my kc aviars.
And the verdict has such a perfect amount of over stability I love it for low line shot that can't turn and need some left fade its also great for driving holes where turn isn't an option and a left finish is needed its just so damn dependable.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
Teebird. Hadn't thrown one since I started and glad I picked up a few last week.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:38 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 51
I picked up one of those kc pros. Mine wasn't bagged but the first disc I ever bought for myself. Why...the color. Didn't know what to get. It was a great disc. It also gave me my first and only ace. I use to use it for everything. Yep I was a one disc guy. Well time changes and I almost lost that disc a few times. Decided to retire it out. Or that possibly would of made my best purchase disc since I used it for drives, bailouts, putts, and everything in between