Old 11-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Maybe also have the boy scouts in question read some of the good and bad reviews on this site?

Could give them some idea about that common complaints and praises are so they get a better personal sense for what it is you are trying to accomplish together. So they might feel they have some sense of evaluating what you put forward to them.

I have little doubt you could explain why this and that would or would not work. But it would probably help them as leaders on the project to know that some of what they are signing of on is generally viewed as good ideas - based in selfgained knowledge (even if they were directed to it ).

Old 11-04-2011, 12:45 PM

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Thanks Discette,
I was provided that clip several months after lengthy email/phone/letter communications with the city who never once mentioned that this was going on, even when repeatedly asked about ongoing/future disc golf ventures. They emphatically denied anything was going on and then we receive notice of this 2nd 9 holer.

I am in contact with many golfers in the area (which is a tough group to organize into a cohesive unit) and they have the same experience. Unless we are a member of the Boy Scouts, the city ignores us. When asked about potential land for courses the city tell us there is no money, even though we have donors ready to go.

It feels like the city is saving disc golf course building for BS merit badges only and this is not a great way to complete a project. Their goal is to get merit badges not install challenging courses and it appears that they are meeting the goal without understanding that the golf course should be the focus, not the badge.