Old 12-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 53
The Delaware disc is from 1986-87 when my friends brother Chris Stein was throwing. A little history about Chris; he made it to the worlds in Ohio that year and finished in the bottom third of the pack. Not bad for a kid in high school. He also helped design the Brandywine course and gave input for the Bellview course as well. -useless info to clutter up your brains-
Old 12-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
I recently retired a 9X KC Gazelle (it was my turnover driver for years, but now an Echo Star Roadrunner does that very nicely). However, I still carry a Soft Magnet I bought on my trip to DeLaveaga in 1999 (has the 'epicenter' logo in its center)...It's beat to Hell but still in one piece, and is my anhyzer putter. It performs wizardry at least once a round.

I've been breaking in a run of the mill DX Aviar Putter for two seasons now to take its place once the Soft Magnet breaks in half...which will probably happen when hitting chains from 80' away, curving 90 degrees to the right at the 40' mark. :-)
Old 12-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry 44 View Post
The Delaware disc is from 1986-87 when my friends brother Chris Stein was throwing. A little history about Chris; he made it to the worlds in Ohio that year and finished in the bottom third of the pack. Not bad for a kid in high school. He also helped design the Brandywine course and gave input for the Bellview course as well. -useless info to clutter up your brains-
Very cool info. I am going to ask around the DDG and see if anyone has that stamp.

Also, Central Scrutinizer, that is an awesome name. I am a big Zappa fan.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 100
First disc I ever bought in 1996 is still in my bag. It's a planet stamp Pro-D Comet, although I don't think they called it Pro-D back then. Three Putt would know. It's never left my bag, but I avoid throwing it off the box, as I have another Comet of no sentimental value that I could replace if it cracked.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Birdie Member

Here are some more from mid to late 80's. Most are Delaware Disc Golf discs, but again they are Chris Steins discs from when he was playing. His brother sent me some pics of what he had at home for you guys to see. Enjoy the blast from the past!

Last edited by Terry 44; 12-16-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
I have some discs with those other DE stamps in those pics. Also, some with the Brandywine "Beauty and Beast" stamp. That red DDG one is awesome!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Marketplace Guru

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry 44 View Post
My three oldest discs. My Hammer, my eagle and an ancient one from Delaware disc golf when cavemen still threw. That one is way oversized, has a weight 167 1/2 and usually stays home unless a new guy wants to go play and needs some discs. I give this one as a putter, but I really think its a driver.....

the one you were unsure on is a DGA Putter, I have one of those with Steady ed's signature on it

Old 12-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Birdie Member

I stand corrected! Its a heavy putter for sure! really gotta loft that sucker from farther back!