Old 01-07-2013, 08:38 PM

Courses Played: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmanbailye View Post
Is it idye poly without intensifier? The intensifier can be a goopie mess and could have been a boarder between the disc and the dye. If you didn't use intensifier, did you remove the stamp with acetone and then not wash it afterward?
I didn't use the intensifier based on what everyone says. The disc was ordered as a no stamp, I guess from now on I'll be making sure to wash and clean even new discs before dyeing them.

Thanks for the input!
Old 10-16-2013, 11:32 PM

Courses Played: 31
Hey everyone. I only made it to page 4 so far but you can check out the manufacturer's website to find a place that sells it nearby.

http://www.jacquardproducts.com/stor...php?PrId=dyIDY
Old 10-16-2013, 11:33 PM

Courses Played: 31
Hey everyone. You can check out the manufacturer's website to find a place that sells it nearby.

http://www.jacquardproducts.com/stor...php?PrId=dyIDY
Old 11-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 45
Don't think anyone has posted this - but I was at Joann's the other day to get some stuff for my kids, and to my surprise they had IDYE poly in stock! Guess you can get it online too.

http://www.joann.com/search?q=idye
Old 12-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Par Member

I have a question, if anyone is still reading this thread. I am finally starting to use the Idye Poly since the large stock of RIT I had is finally getting low. For those who use the "Paint On" method. How are you mixing your mixture? What are you adding to it? Ive tried dye and water, dye and laundry soap, dye and both water and soap. When I paint it on, its definitely thicker than RIT, but dries up fairly quickly, not allowing enough time for it to soak into the plastic. RIT would always stay wet for quite a bit, allowing good soak time, but this stuff dries up super fast. Any info from the paint guys would be useful. Thanks!
Old 12-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzle View Post
I have a question, if anyone is still reading this thread. I am finally starting to use the Idye Poly since the large stock of RIT I had is finally getting low. For those who use the "Paint On" method. How are you mixing your mixture? What are you adding to it? Ive tried dye and water, dye and laundry soap, dye and both water and soap. When I paint it on, its definitely thicker than RIT, but dries up fairly quickly, not allowing enough time for it to soak into the plastic. RIT would always stay wet for quite a bit, allowing good soak time, but this stuff dries up super fast. Any info from the paint guys would be useful. Thanks!
Here's a tip i got from eky8 a while back. I posted a pic on the first post on this page

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/member.php?u=48593
Old 12-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Par Member

I dont see the tip. that link just takes me to your profile
Old 12-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
I put my dyes in a sealed container with a moist paper towel to keep the dye wet long enough for the dye to soak in.

Disclaimer. I still use rit. But I'm pretty sure Odyssey113 was referring to that tip and I'm also pretty sure he uses idye poly. There is a picture of his set up in the dye alternatives thread post #31. Sorry. I'm too lazy to link it.

Last edited by Eky8; 12-17-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzle View Post
I dont see the tip. that link just takes me to your profile
My bad...meant to link to this..i really wish this site would let you edit posts (after 5 minutes. Stupid rule! )

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...t=98293&page=4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky8 View Post
I put my dyes in a sealed container with a moist paper towel to keep the dye wet long enough for the dye to soak in.

Disclaimer. I still use rit. But I'm pretty sure Odyssey113 was referring to that tip and I'm also pretty sure he uses idye poly. There is a picture of his set up in the dye alternatives thread post #31.
Yes. I have mainly in the past used Idye poly, however I am now starting to use some others as well. Still kinda testing them. Prochemical disperse dyes and also I also have some samples from Pylam Dyes that I am in the process of testing. Haven't even done a full dye job with them yet, but that will be my project for tonight. Need to go shopping for some more mason jars and various tools. Thanks again for that tip Eky8. It has become one of the staples of my dye jobs

Old 12-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Glad it's helped.