Old 09-05-2011, 11:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 737
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
Maybe a couple more course pullings are in order since that has worked twice up there already.
unfortunately I dont think pulling the course at brown deet will do anything now . . .weeks later. . . its too late and dineen probably wasnt a disc golfer. . . .but our club president doesnt want to pull the course until the normal seasonl closing date in november which I completely disagree with . . .it should have been done immediately or it wont do anything
Old 09-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 55
It's not DGers who are doing this, imo, particularly when the basket is dug up and left to lay there. I mean, I can just see a couple of kids thinking it would be totally kewl to have a basket of their own, rocking it back and forth, finally wrestling the thing out of the ground and then coming to the awful realization that if they're gonna get it home, they're gonna have to schlep all that ROCK as well.

Then they figure fuggit, we'll just leave it here and go drink / smoke some more and laff about it.

I say find out who it is and show their parents what their kids have been up to.

OTOH, there are some selfish d-bags who WILL pull a hole just so they can keep it in their back yard. Go figure.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 55
If GPS chips were realtively cheap I think it would be awesome to have baskets covered by this tactic. That way the basket is returned and there is more of a possibility of the theif(ves) being caught and prosecuted. It's a felony to steal public property here in the state of GA.

If the basket is dug up and still near the hole, it is usually some db kids with nothing better to do....but I thought that was what dg was for!
Old 10-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 21
move east, less meth!

seriously though, what shmucks. like really? ive done things im not proud of before (NOT STEALING) just like everyone else in the world, but damn. thats a lot of risk for a little return. smh
Old 10-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 56
Send a message via ICQ to woodstock Send a message via Yahoo to woodstock Send a message via Skype™ to woodstock
Karma bugs are gonna bite em
Old 10-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 21
The club pres. should invest in a couple trail cams like they use for hunting...hide them real good so the punks don't see them, and when the baskets start getting F'ed with they'll have photo evidence of who it was.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 169
Grapevine hearsay...you all love it.

Apparently the #16 basket at Brown Deer that was stolen was because someone pulled it out of the ground and stashed it in the woods. Apparenetly this "genius" wanted to teach the club president (or course pro, whatever) a lesson because that pin hadn't been locked (I'm not sure if all pins on the course are not locked or just this one). Well, then some "chucker" saw it in the woods and made off with it. So, the "genius" decides to pull up the basket from Dineen (read borrow, rather than steal - yeah right) to return to Brown Deer to offset the one he stashed and allowed to get stolen. He figures no one will miss the one at Dineen, and if they pull that course as a result of theft, who gives a rip [while I agree because Dineen BLOWS, I still think this person needs an examination].

I know nothing, no grapevine talk, about Wales.

Man, this is overly complicated stupidity!

All in all, read this as...
Brown Deer #16 basket is still in the hands of some chucker, Brown Deer #16 has a stolen basket from Dineen #10 in place, the genius and chucker are still at large, and Dineen still BLOWS and is now missing a basket, but now Wales has a missing basket as well!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 26.4
Courses Played: 740
Intelligence running rampant in Milwaukee.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:18 PM

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 22
There's a problem going around in the Twin Cities in Minnesota regarding stolen baskets right now too unfortunately... two courses have multiple missing baskets with one of them getting hit, found and replaced, and then hit again.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 737
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140
Quote:
Originally Posted by superberry View Post
Grapevine hearsay...you all love it.

Apparently the #16 basket at Brown Deer that was stolen was because someone pulled it out of the ground and stashed it in the woods. Apparenetly this "genius" wanted to teach the club president (or course pro, whatever) a lesson because that pin hadn't been locked (I'm not sure if all pins on the course are not locked or just this one). Well, then some "chucker" saw it in the woods and made off with it. So, the "genius" decides to pull up the basket from Dineen (read borrow, rather than steal - yeah right) to return to Brown Deer to offset the one he stashed and allowed to get stolen. He figures no one will miss the one at Dineen, and if they pull that course as a result of theft, who gives a rip [while I agree because Dineen BLOWS, I still think this person needs an examination].

I know nothing, no grapevine talk, about Wales.

Man, this is overly complicated stupidity!

All in all, read this as...
Brown Deer #16 basket is still in the hands of some chucker, Brown Deer #16 has a stolen basket from Dineen #10 in place, the genius and chucker are still at large, and Dineen still BLOWS and is now missing a basket, but now Wales has a missing basket as well!
I heard some of this last week at league from a friend of the guy who did it apparently, which corroborated this story you tell. It was my first time meeting this guy so I didn't ask any further questions. I didn't want to judge!!! I did anyways!!!

I did not know that "the guy" had pulled it out of the ground to teach Mark a lesson, unkowingly leaving up for grabs to the thieves who ended up with it. Then I heard a basket was missing at Dineen, now to find out this "same guy" ripped that one out to put into Brown Deer . . . a good idea in theory because noone ever plays Dineen anyways and Brown Deer is much more appreciated, but to think this guy did it on his own without asking the club appalls me. I would have laughed hard if he got caught trying to put the stolen basket back in . . . that would be typcial stupid disc golfer activity!!!