Disc Golf Store
Old 10-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 41
Expert help requested

Hello gentlemen,

I am in a quandary about what to do with my favorite teebird. The problem is that it blends in too well with the leaves, which is probably why its had a few previous owners. I like the good condition of the KC Pro stamp so I'm perplexed on what to do and would appreciate your input as I can't seem to be able to make a decision. I guess I could sell it but it's the most overstable TB I own and I've got a good feel for how it flies. I could ask someone to redo the entire disc or perhaps just a bright border. I've seen some cool marble looks and cool border designs but again I'm at a loss on what to do and tired of spending the extra time to find it after a bad throw.

Help me... if you can and thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0007.jpg (59.1 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0009.jpg (83.8 KB, 66 views)
Old 10-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Eagle Member

C'mon, I know the other owners... they sold it, just as I bought it from the last guy. I've got Paypal for work, if that's an option. I love this aggravating to find piece of plastic. Thanks
Old 10-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ontheline View Post
C'mon, I know the other owners... they sold it, just as I bought it from the last guy. I've got Paypal for work, if that's an option. I love this aggravating to find piece of plastic. Thanks
???

I say dye what you can one bright color and go for it. Or, get a light firebird or pred and throw that instead.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 35
Try dyeing the whole thing neon pink.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 8
I've never dyed kc pro plastic. So not sure what it would dye like. But it looks like champ. If it dyes like champ I would just dye it fuchsia. The light colors would be much more visible and I don't think it would darken the dark colors too much.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 161
Why would you want to get rid of it? I have a 10x KC Pro Cheetah with the same stamp. I used to throw it all the time when I got it but I put it away and got a new disc for the same reason as yours.....I had trouble finding it.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Eagle Member

I hear ya Skunk. I've got a few wall hangers and the wife now says "more Christmas presents" everytime I get a new disc in the mail. I'm going to be thinning the herd before too long and if I can't come up with a viable solution, this camo TB is out. It just costs too much just to look at and I'm planning on more tourneys next year where I'm limited in time to search.

So far it sounds like fuchsia/pinkish, any other suggestions... please and thanks?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 161
You've only been playing for about a year. I would suggest that you get another disc that you can learn in any color that you would be able to find easily. Why not try a Valkyrie or a Nuke SS? But if you really like the Teebird....get a few of them.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ontheline View Post
Hello gentlemen,

I am in a quandary about what to do with my favorite teebird. The problem is that it blends in too well with the leaves, which is probably why its had a few previous owners. I like the good condition of the KC Pro stamp so I'm perplexed on what to do and would appreciate your input as I can't seem to be able to make a decision. I guess I could sell it but it's the most overstable TB I own and I've got a good feel for how it flies. I could ask someone to redo the entire disc or perhaps just a bright border. I've seen some cool marble looks and cool border designs but again I'm at a loss on what to do and tired of spending the extra time to find it after a bad throw.

Help me... if you can and thanks!
Ya, 11x'ers are hard and costly to replace. I have one very similar in color and it is hard to see on the ground. I hate to ruin an already factory dyed disc with another dye; however, if you want to continue to fly it that is a viable option. You may find that a 12x champ teebird is just as reliable for you and not nearly as expensive to replace.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
You've only been playing for about a year. I would suggest that you get another disc that you can learn in any color that you would be able to find easily. Why not try a Valkyrie or a Nuke SS? But if you really like the Teebird....get a few of them.
That's good advice Skunk. I have three TBs in the bag including this one, the other two are bright yellow, and six others that I take to the practice field. I'm a noob to DG but I've been hucking plastic playing Ultimate since 1991. I did like my star valk but it couldn't work all the lines through the woods that I need.