Old 06-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 42
I've done it once, and i've seen a friend do it. mine was a short little hole, I think about 130 feet. It curves a little left, and I threw it to the left, it fell back to the right, hit the ground flat on its backside, slid a little and then hit a root, skipped up, and went into the basket without hitting a single chain.

My friend has done it on a little longer hole that's about 170, but 30 feet downhill. his did the opposite of mine. It flew through the air, went sharply down, and hit and stuck in the chains without hitting the basket.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/galler...=894&mode=gal#

Mine was on hole 15, and my friend's was on 3.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 214
I've hit one on a low hammer off the skip. 8X KC Banshee (love those discs for thumbers). I've also hit second shots from more than 200' out with hammers/scoobers in the air with various discs, including an old LF Polaris, Firebirds, Banshees, Whippets. I don't throw tons of upside-down throws, but they've always been pretty accurate, especially if it's sticky/sandy ground so you don't have to worry as much about the skip.

A lot of it is really the line you are throwing on -- if you're someone with a really, really high hammer/thumber line that has a lot of vertical drop when it runs out of steam, then you aren't likely to ever hit an ace that way, because the window for falling almost straight down and going in the basket without hitting the top of the chain assembly is almost nonexistent. The shallower the arc of your hammer, the greater the window for actually hitting chains and having a chance to stick.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
does anyone have a video of one?