Old 11-07-2012, 09:54 AM

Courses Played: 5
Just a quick hello!

Hi everyone, I just registered here, I found you while looking for a nearby course. It turns out I am just down the road from the Azalea course in St. Pete FL, and I am interested in finding some friends to play with. I started playing back in the late 90's, (Cliff Stevens, NE Coachman) but then marriage, and kids, and life in general got in the way. I just got divorced, and when I was packing up my stuff I found my box of discs. I think it's time to start playing again! Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and if any local peeps wanna help get an old timer back up to speed, PM me!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
check out the course guides listed for your local courses and hit them up. for most courses, weekly league season is over but being in FL you have great weather year round! there may be glow or weekend AM leagues around, see what you can find. good luck and welcome back!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 39
Welcome to the site!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:10 AM

Courses Played: 5
thanks!

Thanks for the welcome GLong and MrFIxIt! I'm pretty sure I'm not ready for a league yet. I haven't played since '01, so I'll need awhile to get back up to snuff, (if that's even possible at my age *grin*)

Last edited by FL_Tal; 11-07-2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Included MrF in my TY
Old 11-07-2012, 10:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 66
singles leagues have divisions for different ability levels, while many doubles leagues have A/B pools so that less experienced/proficient players get paired up with someone better.

even if you stink right now - as long as you have a good attitude, listen to advice, give it your best effort, and have a good time - most players will be welcoming. don't sweat it!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:34 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 36
welcome to the site.. and yeah dont worry dude just go out and have fun.. thats the important thing.. playing well is just a bonus
Old 11-07-2012, 10:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 1149
Hello and welcome back to the addiction (the sport) and welcome to a new addiction (this site).
Old 11-07-2012, 11:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.2
Courses Played: 84
Welcome back! If you get down my way, hit me up for a round,
Old 11-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 44
Welcome back indeed. One thing you might want to do before you hit the links is search these forums or the marketplace for info on your box o' discs. If they're from the late '90s you might have some in there with some value. I'd hate to have you huck a rare disc into the woods and have some jerk pick it up and not call you on it. Modern discs are replaceable. Collector's items aren't.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 23
Glad you picked up the sport again and welcome to the site. I hope the divorce turns out to be a good thing (or neutral and not horrific) in the long-term. I, like you, have a similar back story. I played in the late 90s and early 2000s. Ended up married, then divorced and started playing again. I was lucky in that my divorce was one of the best things to happen to me in the last decade. Back when I played before, it was more about having something to do. The second time around though, the sport is much more addicting. My willingness to improve and having a site like this supporting the dg community has dramatically increased that addiction. (It's just a vicious, never-ending circle)

-D