Old 06-30-2009, 12:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
My name is Zach, I am 19, and I am addicted to disc golf.

"Thank you Zach, the first step is admitting"

I am going to school for Computer Programming, and am currently interning in Minnesota between my Fr and So year, where it's pretty much a disc golf meca for me. I basically work, go to school, play disc golf, and work on my car (1965 Dodge Dart Gt).

To this day I've never hit an ace, and after countless chains/basket/metal (skipped through the chains just last night), I've pretty much given up on ace runs and go for deuces.

I'm self taught in disc golf, so if I ever post my advice on here, it may not be the "norm". Recently I've been watching others throw backhand, but that's about it.

Since we are going with music, I will listen to anything as long as it's not Country or Rap, however I'm not much into the pop scene either. Right now I've got the ipod on the band "Live".
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 89
I'm Chase. I'm 17 and will be a senior in high school next year. I live in The Woodlands, TX.

Music is my main interest. I play guitar, sing, and like to bust out the harmonica. I have 2 bands and lead worship music for Jr High and Sr High students Sunday and Wednesdays. I'm doing some recording this summer.

I have a huge variety in music taste.
Rock/Folk: Bob Dylan, Ryan Adams, Springsteen, The Avett Brothers, The Decemberists, Rocky Votolato, Death Cab, Old Crow Medicine Show, Pink Floyd

Punk/Alt: The Gaslight Anthem, Alkaline Trio, Hot Water Music, Against Me!, Lucero, Say Anything

Metal: Iron Maiden, Sabbath, The Sword, Protest the Hero, Mastadon, Sleep, Slayer, At the Gates

Hip-Hop: Blask Star, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Atmosphere, Common, The Roots

I also do photography at school and on the side for some extra cash. I'm employed by my church and also work Parking at a concert venue in my town. I also like to collect records.

As for disc golf, I have been playing about 2 years or so. I will be competing in Junior Worlds (17-19 division) this year in Kansas City. I throw sidearm and backhand equally as much.
Some of my staple discs are:

Destroyers - CFR for sidearm and Pro/Star for backhand
Firebird - Pro Candy for sidearm control shots
TL - most controllable disc in the bag
Rocs - Recently fell in love with these
Voodoos - glow plastic
Old 06-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 1
I'm Tyler, I just turned 20. Ive been playing Disc Golf for about 3 years now but this is the first year I have started Doing tournaments. I'm about to leave for the Air Force in November which sould be a good learning experience (plus good chance to play courses i never have before ). I have an Associates in Criminal Justice then decided school wasn't for me right now and it was hard working 40 hours a week and going to school. I worked at Stephen Vincel Honda for 4 years deatiling new ad pre-owned cars.

Favorite Discs
-175g Wizard (s)
-175g ESP Buzzz
-Bosses
-173g Star for overstable.
-174g Champ for straight shots
-162g R-Pro for tailwind drives (goes a long way if thrown right)
-175g Gateway Blaze Evo plastic <--- Best disc ever made
-Website to buy it which I recommend
http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_d...duct.php?p=112
Old 06-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 55
I'm another of the Daves, 59, 6'2", been playing since the late '90s. I've lived all over the US but mainly in California and Oklahoma. I crunch data for a living, play disc golf and write for fun, and love my wife & daughter for fulfillment. My tastes in music are extremely wide but center around jazz, blues, classical, hard rock, folk, country, Chinese opera, Indian ragas, and Martian aw4t8aweothdwai music. My life's ambition is to become a used sound effects salesman.

In my bag, currently:
* Discraft Surge (new favorite driver)
* Quest Raging Inferno (overstable driver)
* Discraft XL (straight control shots)
* Lightning #1 Helix (beat - rollers)
* Lightning glow D-4 (trying it out)
* Ching Bomb (annies)
* Discraft Elite Z Glide (long upshots)
* Innova Roc (go-to midrange)
* Discraft Elite Z Breeze (tight upshots)
* Discraft Soft Challenger (putter)

Two aces so far.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 42
My name's Ryan. I think that's obvious. Been playing for a little over 3 years. I play DG a lot, read some, and play video games when i get the chance. I recently received my bachelor's degree in religion, and I'm headed to grad school for the same thing in a month or so. I've lived in NC/VA my entire life. I guess i like relaxing a heck of a lot, although I do a lot of work. I've lost 4 rounds of singles play in my entire life, but that's probably just because all of the people I play against aren't as good.
I Hate Cake. I really don't know why, I think it's more psychological than not liking the taste.
As far as music goes, I enjoy it. Some kinds are worse than others, but most of it's good. I've learned one thing in life, and that is that Life isn't easy, but what's hard is often what is good.

Concerning Discs-whatever I can throw that will fly. I'll try anything, but I have found that the discs that most people like are also discs that I like (except for a DX TeeBird). Rocs, Buzzz's, Aviars, Wraiths, Destroyers. I'd really like to try and find some other brands that I enjoy throwing. I use to have a few Diablo's, and I've still got one, but it's too beat to throw for good D. I hate Lightning Discs. I like Wham-O's discs, unlike most other people, but they are so hard to find. A Wham-O disc was the first disc I ever had. Quest discs aren't that great. I really want to get some DGA discs, and some Latitude 64 ones, as well as a lot more of discraft, but money is tight, and discs aren't free (except when you find them with no name and number).

I've got 6 aces, but 5 of them are on holes between 120 and 160 feet. So I guess you could say I have 3.5 aces. But aces are more luck than skill.

And most importantly, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. If that makes me a Christian, or an idiot, or whatever you want to call it, I don't really care. It's who I am, and it's how I live.

Throw well.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon.trenton View Post
maybe you should just get an ipod
I'm too poor I had an mp3 player awhile back but it was a POS. My track record with gadgets is awful, I touch them and they stop working. I'd get an Ipod but I'm saving up for some new Doc Martens.

Oh, and if we are doing religion I'm a hybridization of Lutheranism, Deism, Taoism, and Marcionite Christianity. Yeah, pretty messed up belief system I know.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Oh, and if we are doing religion I'm a hybridization of Lutheranism, Deism, Taoism, and Marcionite Christianity. Yeah, pretty messed up belief system I know.
I've heard of dualism, but what does that make you? A quadist? Tetraist?
Old 06-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 33.3
Courses Played: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhgonzo View Post
I've heard of dualism, but what does that make you? A quadist? Tetraist?
A Wiccan might call him a polytheist?
Old 06-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 19
My name is Perry, I am 28 years old and have been playing for little over a year. I have been in the Marine Corps for six years and am currently in law school. I am a Christian and pretty conservative in almost all aspects of my life. I throw both RHBH and RHFH, little more distance with FH. I throw primarily Innova but I really like the Discraft Buzz and XL. No aces so far.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skankin77 View Post
I like discing.

I like Buzzz's.

Destroyers are good drivers.

I also like smoking, and drinking.

That's about it.
Keeping it simple.