Old 09-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 181
So you have all supported disc golf planet right? With most TV's having a compatable input from your computer you can watch it in full screen! We can't do it without support of the community and it's obvious you guys want to watch it. Plus ESPN isn't going to give away dg products during all of their broadcasts. Become a member and you're entered in all the drawings we do automatically.
Dgplanet.tv sign up today!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 15
i really like Disc Golf Monthly! they are awesome and do 1080 video!

wish you could download and watch on the big tv.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 106
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr123psu View Post
Disc Golf Monthly used to be on the local cable sports channel. Not so much anymore.
It's still on twice a week in Chico, I watch it every week.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:16 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 73
I'm pretty frickin' far away from Chico

That said, I could always hook my laptop up to my TV and watch it that way...but I don't
Old 09-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Just to clarify. There are two TV shows being discussed, both having been in production for over 7 years, with support from the PDGA and others with a big stake in growing our game.

Disc Golf Monthly TV is produced out east by some very dedicated disc golfers, and full shows are also posted on Youtube. Great stuff. The program is available via On Demand for many folks out east.

Disc Golf Live video magazine is produced in Michigan and distributed around the country for broadcast on local and community access TV stations. Not everyone has a local access type station, and not all stations play material not produced locally, but there are HUNDREDS of stations (many quite sizable) where this program would be broadcast if a local golfer were to get involved and submit a program DVD for broadcast locally. (Program DVDs or downloads are provided at no cost.) This is the show which plays in Chico CA and dozens of other stations. Prime examples include the UNC station in Charlotte, NC and the station in Traverse City, MI which serves 10 entire counties. Episodes of DGL are also on Youtube.

Anyone interested in getting set up locally to bring DG to your community can give me a shout. Watch your station for details on how to get involved and contact info.

Easy enough to get these programs mixed up. Both are geared towards growing the game of disc golf by bringing some action to the masses who may have never seen the show before. At the same time, established golfers get a chance to watch their favorite game on TV.

When putting together a Disc Golf Live episode, I usually mix my own footage with pieces submitted by others, so if you have video to share let me know about it. DGL is a great way to promote your courses, tournies, or local stars. Frequent contributors include the guys at CLASH DVD, JR and the rest of the Euro crew, and the Guardians of Recreation. We welcome other voices to the mix, so give us a shout if you have a story to tell.

Macdaddy, if you have old material that would make for interesting rebroadcasts, let me know. Vintage footage is easy enough to digitize and it would be great to see some goodies from back in the day. My oldest footage dates to 96 or 97.

Best regards,

Joe
Old 09-21-2011, 09:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNcyclone View Post
Disc golf is getting super popular / people love watching it / nobody cares to watch it that doesn't play / its impossible to film disc golf / disc golf is exactly like skateboarding / disc golf is nothing like skateboarding / disc golf has an unsustainable business model / disc golf companies make tons of money / disc golf will break through any minute now / we need to ban smoking and drinking to improve image / we need to keep it underground / disc golf has sold out / people that have been playing under 20 years don't know what they are talking about / people that have been playing over 5 years are stuck in the past / you need to be an ambassador / I am an ambassador / TD's are corrupt and steal money / disc golf will never be bigger than ball golf / ball golf sucks / we just need a nike sponsorship to save us all / no big sponsor will ever show up / yada yada yada

Thread over.
I was trying to think of something to add, but can't. That pretty much cover it.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 49
I spend my free time playing the game. I am not going to waste it watching it on TV.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHFH
Kind of off topic, but isn't there a sitcom coming up with a disc golf segment? What show? When? Or did I miss it?
Old 09-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Crunch View Post
I spend my free time playing the game. I am not going to waste it watching it on TV.
It's on past dark, so I'm at home anyway. No need to hate

Old 09-21-2011, 11:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpletwist View Post
Kind of off topic, but isn't there a sitcom coming up with a disc golf segment? What show? When? Or did I miss it?
Happy Endings, September 28