Horses I can help with.......
Old 07-01-2009, 11:48 AM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 242
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by milow369 View Post
I guess I would like to see DGCR provide some info about the candidates, or better, take a stand on some candidates. Most likely, I would vote the way that DGCR suggests because I believe that DGCR wants to promote the sport of DG, as it is now, I am in the dark.
I'm guessing when you say you want to see DGCR provide info about the candidates you're talking about the members. The site itself is a one man show and I don't really have the time to follow PDGA politics.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 67
I think the internet is going to be a great way to get the word out. I think PDGA should make more things like the clash video, post more on youtube, not just random "how to" videos by discraft guys or cubby... I really don't want that cubby guy to be our forefront in disc golf online either... plus he's a hack, ahem.

I know a lot of people that would be more than willing to go hold a camera at a big tournament, being basketside while Ken Climo rockets one your way... (dreams)
Old 07-01-2009, 12:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 78
i have long thought the pdga should administer tournament golf as opposed to trying to be all things to all people but that horse is way out of the barn at this point. imo grass roots promotion, etc should be left to outside entities such as edge and the manufacturers.

as far as "big" corporate sponsorship, steve dodge has managed to get vibram to maintain an interest in the game for more than a token period of time so i think we're making progress there.

dg will never be on tv on a regular basis because it costs too much to effectively televise- stuff like the spelling bee, darts, etc can be covered with 1-2 cameras and virtually no production staff, dg would require many more assets on site.

also, dg on video, even with the stuff that has been best produced to this point, bores me to tears. lack of tv coverage doesn't seem to have held softball back from attaining immense popularity.

back on topic- as opposed to most of the recent elections i don't really think there's a "bad" candidate among this batch. as david s. said, i wouldn't expect major change either. i do think decker is very valuable on the board due to his real world skills and would encourage others to vote for him.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by milow369 View Post

I guess I would like to see DGCR provide some info about the candidates, or better, take a stand on some candidates. Most likely, I would vote the way that DGCR suggests because I believe that DGCR wants to promote the sport of DG, as it is now, I am in the dark.

Thanks
The PDGA posts fairly extensive information on the candidates. You need not be in the dark.

The PDGA may want to promote the sport of DG, as well. Just a hunch. Why else would those volunteer board members be giving up so much of their time?

DGCR members are quite a diverse group. Just check out some of the ratings, or reviews, or reviews of reviews, or most any other thread here. What would be a DGCR position, in particular, that it could choose to support in a candidate?
Old 07-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via MSN to Skankin77
DGTV (Disc Golf Television) would be nice.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 115
It is interesting that perhaps disc golf's best player and a touring pro, is offering himself for the board. You have to think his perspective would be of value.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 315
You can read the candidate statements for the Board of directors here and see whose you agree with.

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/...Statements.pdf

That being said, I know Bob Decker and Ron Convers, and since this isn't a partisan affair, I'll give my personal endorsement for them being re-elected to the BOD.

You can also find candidate statements for your respective state coordinators here if they are up for election this year. In a great number of cases, these are one horse races.

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/...Statements.pdf
Old 07-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 52
Send a message via Yahoo to skottyb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
It is interesting that perhaps disc golf's best player and a touring pro, is offering himself for the board. You have to think his perspective would be of value.
I agree here.. although I don't know Feldberg personally I think he has a lot of good too say about the sport. Plus he is a champion with exposure, I think that could help in prespective sponsors and what not.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 43
For North Carolina the Current board member has endorsed Mike Norris (#17390 I believe). I know I plan on voting for him. Not that the guy on the ballot isn't a friendly guy, I would just rather have someone else representing NC.