Disc Golf Store
Old 07-02-2009, 09:50 PM

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 1
Send a message via ICQ to hh2news Send a message via AIM to hh2news Send a message via MSN to hh2news Send a message via Yahoo to hh2news
My first couple years playing disc golf; Disc + Tree = Hole Completed.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 42
Jack Mattox course on the Georgia/Tennessee border, hole #1. I threw a beautiful drive with a wraith. At least, it would have been a beautiful drive on a hole 70' longer. then, about 30' short of the basket, it started flying through some leaves on one branch. it had to hit and knock down 50 leaves, and they slowed it down enough to just slide it on into the basket. It was beautiful.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 229
Throwing Style: RHBH
1) Twice I have had an inaccurate approach shot hit a tree and go in!

2) Playing Keriakes (known for disc grabbing trees) my friend had his disc stuck high in a tree. I kept throwing objects up at it trying to knock it down, until on one throw my follow through landed my foot in a hole and I badly sprained my ankle. I went to the ground in pain, the object I threw just missed hitting me in the head when it came down, my playing partners were just staring up in the tree and had no idea what had happened and then they saw me writhing in pain!!

3) Playing Univ. Alabama-Huntsville my friend's tee shot landed in a tree. We threw another disc up at it, the first disc was knocked out, but that one then got stuck in the exact same spot. So we took a third disc, which knocked out the second, but the third then got stuck in the same spot. Finally we threw a water bottle and everything came down. We were laughing so hard by the end of all that we were rolling on the ground!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor John View Post
20 years ago a disc + a tree (especially on a dirve) meant a ruined or broken disc...times have REALLY changed
Closer to 20 weeks. I was playing this winter with a 5 below wind chill and hit a tree with my Spderman-dyed KC Pro Roc. Shattered into at least 4 pieces. I say at least 4, because i found three and the disc was incomplete.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 106
My two week old Rattler was ruined after I nailed a small tree off the tee in a tourney about a month ago. It completely tacoed and warped and had to retire it. I wasn't happy cause I just started liking that disc.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 100
There is a hole at Swinging DBs, a private course that has a basket hanging over a creek on a zip line with a tree right beside it. My putt for bird hit the top of the basket on the right, bounced and hit the tree to the right, and went in. Luckiest birdie ever and look on my buddy's face was priceless.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvogie View Post
Closer to 20 weeks. I was playing this winter with a 5 below wind chill and hit a tree with my Spderman-dyed KC Pro Roc. Shattered into at least 4 pieces. I say at least 4, because i found three and the disc was incomplete.
That same thing happened to a friend of mine. It was getting into late fall and he threw his drive, hit a tree dead on and it just shattered. weirdest thing anyone in the group had ever seen.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Banned

Years Playing: 21.1
Courses Played: 84
shattering discs was common in the 90's..all that was out was dx plastic...i broke, literally, everything innova had out at one time..even broke a cobra on a basket a few inches low of an ace..i even broke some discraft(which was supposed to be unbreakable)
Old 07-03-2009, 09:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80playedin10states View Post
DISC+TREE=ACE!! good ol tree love...i have at lest 5 that i can remember that were gonna be a deuce but slammed chains after glancing off a tree..2 on a hole at bayville(old? 13)..and one at old? 12(birdie putter that looked like a plinko disc on price is right..)
Got some of those too

Old 07-03-2009, 10:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.3
Courses Played: 79
I used my putter for an approach shot last week and the wind took it up......... ended up in the mouth of the alligator tree shown below(click to enlarge pic).