Old 07-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 9
Gorilla Boy Kong initial review and 15 watt mod. (Pic heavy)

You can find an extensive review of the Gorilla Boy Kong right here, so I won't go too in depth.

The basic features include an internal frame with 2 dividers, room for about 20 discs in the main compartment, a putter pouch that holds up to 2 putters in the front, a tiny pouch that holds a mini right in front of that, two insulated water holders that easily fit full size Nalgene bottles, 2 zippered side pouches for all your odds and ends, another roomy zippered pocket in the front, 3 pen holders, a clear pocket that perfectly holds your score card or an ipod, a rain flap that pulls down to cover all your discs and the putter pouches in front, and these cool little velcro straps that can hold an umbrella or 3 legged folding chair on the front of the bag. The bag also comes with a thick strap with generous padding that matches your bag color. Hopefully for the sake of your back you are planning on getting quad straps for a bag of this size as I did.

Here is what she looks like filled with 20 discs and other various things. Notice that the clear pocket is holding both a score card and ipod, and the pen pockets are designed to hold a short pencil, a full size pen and a bigger one you can fit a sharpie in.

Here is a top view where you can see the placement of the mini pocket in front of the putter pocket (little blue Aviar poking out) and the layout of the bottle holders and side pockets. The bag also has two mesh pockets on the outside of the side pockets that I neglected to mention above.

In this next view you can see the rain flap covering both the main compartment and the putter pocket. I used a rain proof spray on it just in case.

Here is an overhead view showing both the internal frame with movable dividers and an umbrella attached in the front.

This next image is me cramming 25 discs into the bag. You could fit more if you're creative.

Last edited by rikardob; 07-02-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Eagle Member

I added rain draining grommets in both water holders, the main compartment and I used two on the inside of the bag to pass wires through for a 15 watt, water proof sound system I had laying around from an old Osiris G-Bag. Here you can see the added drainage holes and the cut outs for the speakers. Below that you can see the installed speakers and the grommet used for passing wires to the main compartment where I ended up housing the battery pack and amplifier.

Here is what the speakers look like after the installation.

I had to cut up the internal frame and dividers to fit in the amp and battery pack. It wasn't all to difficult and worked out much better than making a pouch underneath the bag like I had intended to before I saw the layout.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Eagle Member

This is basically the empty bag with everything installed.

And finally here is a size reference picture that someone requested.

I'm sure I missed a bunch of stuff so feel free to ask any questions you may have about it. I'm in love with this bag so far and the added sound system is amazing. Obviously only time will tell if it holds up to the rigors of daily use so I'll try and come back in the future and let you know how it's handling.

Easy all,
Rick
Old 07-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 26
LOOKS AMAZING.... im not sure i will ever spend that much on a bag though.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 30.4
Courses Played: 90
Throwing Style: RHBH
Sweet customization. I love my Gorilla Boy bag. I don't use the divider frame though. Takes up too much room. Very tough and light bag.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 5
Wow, that's pretty sharp! I like the flyrods in the background too!
Old 07-02-2009, 07:22 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 31
You, sir, are a hero! I want my Kong modded next!
Old 07-02-2009, 08:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 54
What kind of speakers and amp did you use, and how much room to the speakers take up in the pockets?
Old 07-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 52
Send a message via Yahoo to skottyb
Yo Midnight.. he used this.. pretty awesome idea.

Osiris G-Bag http://www.danscomp.com/730017.php

Old 07-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightbiker View Post
What kind of speakers and amp did you use, and how much room to the speakers take up in the pockets?
Thanks for all the kind comments guys. I just got done with my softball league thing and as well as being wasted, I'm not at home, so I'm going to have to be brief. Scotty B. is correct on the type of speakers I used. They take up less than half a softball on the inside of the side pockets. I brought this sucker out to the softball field to show some discing buddies and it bumps so hard!!!! I'm as happy as a first day discer hitting an ace.