Old 07-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 46
is this the worst day ever or what?

well the day started off at work, with temps soon getting up into the high 90's....since it is the 4th of july weekend, we were getting off tommorow, so we got our checks today....well at lunchtime today our boss gave us our checks and then told all of our crew we were laid off.........SUCKS!!....i just signed a lease on an apt and paid my first months rent, and got a baby thats going to be here at the end of the month......WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO....well i was pretty deppressed so i decided to go play a round of golf at bear creek. was having a not so good round, got to hole 4 shooting even, stepped up and banged it!!! ACE #3.....but wait, no witnesses.....what a bitch....

so to sum it up:

laid off with baby almost here

bad round

ace on the easiest hole at the course(not really a bad thing, but not much to brag about)

no one to witness the ace

at least tommorows another day...hopefully ill wake up on the other side of the bed
Old 07-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHBH
I'll vouch for that ace! I know someone who knows someone that was actually in that area at the time and saw you get that ace, and I've got pretty reliable sources.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 188
Yeah I heard it!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:37 PM

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 1
Send a message via ICQ to hh2news Send a message via AIM to hh2news Send a message via MSN to hh2news Send a message via Yahoo to hh2news
I don't care about proof really. An Ace in disc is so much easier than regular golf. Now if you told me you did 18 holes and you got 10 aces in the round, I'm not gonna believe you.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 46
well this hole is quite simple...real short and open...very believable, i guess i better be glad it wasnt one of those "no chance in hell" holes..lol
Old 07-03-2009, 12:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
Well that does sound like a craptastic day. Congrats on the ace though.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:07 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 14
Send a message via AIM to Grip N Rip
You should of played your boss for your job back. but seriously that blows man. My dad just had to close his shop. Rough times man, GWBush left this place in shambles. I wish Clinton was back....oh Billy
Old 07-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 11
Not to get into politics here, but if Clinton hadn't closed all the bases, GDub wouldn't have had to spend all that money to open them back up and rebuild our military.

XxInnovaxX - hope everyhting gets better for you. About 4 years ago the same thing happened to me, except I already had a 1 yr old. 2 weeks after I got laid off, I found an even better job, with less stress, more pay, and better hours. Hang in there, the economy IS turning around, and good luck with the little one. congrats.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxInnovaxX View Post
well the day started off at work, with temps soon getting up into the high 90's....since it is the 4th of july weekend, we were getting off tommorow, so we got our checks today....well at lunchtime today our boss gave us our checks and then told all of our crew we were laid off.........SUCKS!!....i just signed a lease on an apt and paid my first months rent, and got a baby thats going to be here at the end of the month......WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO....well i was pretty deppressed so i decided to go play a round of golf at bear creek. was having a not so good round, got to hole 4 shooting even, stepped up and banged it!!! ACE #3.....but wait, no witnesses.....what a bitch....

so to sum it up:

laid off with baby almost here

bad round

ace on the easiest hole at the course(not really a bad thing, but not much to brag about)

no one to witness the ace

at least tommorows another day...hopefully ill wake up on the other side of the bed
thats got to be illegal.you cant just tell someone that they are laid off and not give them at least a severance or a notice.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 59
Just move to the course and live on hole 4. Your new job can be hunting discs on water holes and selling them back. Take the money and go to the McDonald's. Repeat this process.

As for the baby... well IDK.