Old 07-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 9
Keeping score digitally. Help please.

I'm looking for a few features in a digital (online or a program) score keeper. Firstly I play a handicap league and I want to be able to input the handicap percentage to match that of my league. Secondly I want to be able to separate my handicap scoring nights from all the other days I'm not playing in my league, so that I will know my handicap for league nights without it being tainted by my other scores on different nights and courses. The third thing I'm looking for is the ability to choose your own par. I play all par 3s and the course par means nothing to me.

I checked out http://dgscore.com/ and they don't have a few of the courses I play at. I also checked out http://www.discgolfstats.com/ but I see no way of choosing my handicap or when I want to apply it. There doesn't seem to be a way to choose your own par either. I looked at a program from this sketchy site: http://www.discgolfscorerecorder.com/ but as well as it looking shady (terrible website and they use ball golf handicap)I can't find enough info about it to make the purchase. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-05-2009, 08:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 366
Throwing Style: LHBH
Excel
Old 07-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave242 View Post
Excel
Are there any already set up that I could just modify the handicap of? Online would be preferred too. Access from anywhere, any time is a good thing.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
I have one but I don't have any type of handicap system just date, course, hole-by-hole score, total, and comments
Old 07-05-2009, 10:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 16
I agree with Dave that if you want to tweak the stats to be just-so, you'll probably have to use a local spreadsheet instead of something online. It's possible that Timg is planning to install some kind of handicapping option in the score recording system on this site, but you'd have to take that up with him.

Using a spreadsheet that someone else has already set up might sound like an attractive idea, but you may find it takes you longer to modify someone else's work than it would to create your own sheet from scratch. The more detail-oriented the spreadsheet is, the more difficult it can be to modify what someone else created. So I'd say use whatever your favorite spreadsheet program is, and if you like what you create, maybe share it with the disc golf community by uploading it somewhere like mediafire.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 54
Google docs via iPhone should work though I haven't personally tried it.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonDrehle View Post
I have one but I don't have any type of handicap system just date, course, hole-by-hole score, total, and comments
Any way you could upload it? Sounds pretty basic. I'm surprised these types of things aren't floating around all over the net.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 17
I use an Iphone app called GolfCard, you can read about it here ( i actually carry my ipod touch since I have sprint )
http://www.oobgolf.com/content/fore+...Phone_App.html

I use this while I'm out on the course, just pull it out my pocket for 10 seconds between holes and update. you can add your own courses and even label them as a disc golf course. you can put your handicap in there also.

I haven't tried it, but i think you can make an account on that website and upload your round(s) for the day to keep track of them.

I have been going home and signing on here and manually putting the scores in my score tracker.

I forgot how much it costs, but to me it was worth the money.