Old 10-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 164StarValkyrie View Post
Taking another look, the only possible safety issue I see would be wit hole 7's short tee. That could possible be put more straight on line with the long tee, in order to give 6's fairway a little more breathing room. And maybe even move 6's basket a little more towards where it shows 7's short tee, to insure the building has no chance of getting hit.
This is what I meant- (*Fixed*)

No chance of hitting building, no chance of throwing in parking lot or road, and no crossing fairways. Only a decent chance of throwing in the creek on 5,7, & 9.

Last edited by DirtyMittenDG; 10-17-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightbiker View Post
Yea, I don't think throwing towards the building would work. There are some windows back there. I will try to take some pics in the next few weeks, and we can go from there. I do like the lay out.

How did you sell the idea of the course to the Church congregation ? I need to know how to sell this
Selling the congregation hasn't been a problem. Funding the course has been the difficulty. Of course we sit on close to 30 acres of largely un-used property, so people are thrilled with the idea of using it for something.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 152
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via MSN to srm_520 Send a message via Yahoo to srm_520
What you need to do before anything else is contact Doug Rogers. He is designed and is responsible for Windwood, and I know you are a fan of that course. He is also their sport minister - so if anyone knows how to sell the idea it would be him. Nothing helps your cause more like another church/s explaining to your congregation how it has benefited their members and their community. He can also go over his funding ideas with you.

You can contact him through the church website. If you're really serious about this - I would say this is an integral piece before you go any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightbiker View Post
Yea, I don't think throwing towards the building would work. There are some windows back there. I will try to take some pics in the next few weeks, and we can go from there. I do like the lay out.

How did you sell the idea of the course to the Church congregation ? I need to know how to sell this

Old 10-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 152
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via MSN to srm_520 Send a message via Yahoo to srm_520
Quote:
Originally Posted by 164StarValkyrie View Post
This is what I meant- (*Fixed*)

No chance of hitting building, no chance of throwing in parking lot or road, and no crossing fairways. Only a decent chance of throwing in the creek on 5,7, & 9.
Now that I'm home and get the images not blocked - I do like the design layout. Short but very manageable. I would still contact Doug though and get advice on how to proceed.