Old 10-14-2013, 02:06 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 96
Throwing Style: RHBH
Minnesota

I know it is late in the season but are there any courses in MN that are being developed, designed or scheduled to open in the near future? The last couple seasons we have had 10 or so new courses open but a couple courses per year go into the RIP status sadly.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

i don't think minnesota disc golf is on any sort of decline. new courses are being opened in my hood and three rivers has been throwing money at their courses all summer.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 27.9
Courses Played: 81
We really need more gold courses but the land isn't there near population areas at least in the twin cities area. I know some designers are talking to the state about putting some in on state park land, but atm it doesn't look like much is moving forward. We really need more cities to put effort into upkeep and upgrades tot he courses we have in. I know Hansen Park is going to get additional holes after they remove the softball field. It makes you wonder where they are going to get more cones.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guurn View Post
We really need more gold courses but the land isn't there near population areas at least in the twin cities area. I know some designers are talking to the state about putting some in on state park land, but atm it doesn't look like much is moving forward. We really need more cities to put effort into upkeep and upgrades tot he courses we have in. I know Hansen Park is going to get additional holes after they remove the softball field. It makes you wonder where they are going to get more cones.

There just plain are not enough cones to go around right now sadly. Some Hansenites would like to get more from Moir but many other Hansenites are for preserving the sport and we know that there are only 4 cone courses remaining. Charlie at Gotta go could be an option if his prices were realistic for letting them go, City of Minnetonka where Lone Lake used to be and had 9 cone baskets could be another. Problem being is that only 2,3,5,6,7,8,11 are cones right now so even if we get 9 more cones we need 2 more for a full 18. I know you come out from time to time and can putt on some cones!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guurn View Post
say whaaat? MN has tooo many parks with possible gold level courses within the twin cities. MN is land of 10k lakes but seriously might be 100k parks lol. no state has parks like we do from my experience and we are known for our urban "outdoor" life. DG needs to get more popular in areas where there is already upkeep.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 24
Minnesota is going broke. Disc golf courses cost money, maintaining them costs money. Niche sports are probably not a priority atm. Sad but true.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 1128
I've been involved in talks of a few, nothing that is really moving forward at this point.